Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ VE engine replacment. Like for like. No matching engine number required

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
turns out im a bit of a dunce and dont know what im on about... there is no pin missing, must be the heat getting to me XD

new theory is try do a fuel dump as its actually tryna fire but just doesnt have the juice to do it now

read on another forum that holding the throttle to the floor and cranking will allow the cylinders to hopefully empty... not sure if i flooded it when i tried cranking it the other day before i busted the trans =P
How did you bust the trans?

Curly69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 Commodore Allytech 190kwh
How did you bust the trans?
didnt line the torque converter up properly and heard some might big clunks as i did the trans bolts up.... goes to show im still an apprentice level lmao

busted the lugs on the trans and had to wait for new trans to show up... this time we lined the torque converter in the trans and hoisted the trans in instead of the engine... was less effort taking out the old trans and throwing in the new one

Reactions: Lex

Curly69

Reaction score
Members Ride
seeing as progress seems to finally be made... ima just keep doing the fuel dump until it fires or i lose my nut again and give up... again

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
seeing as progress seems to finally be made... ima just keep doing the fuel dump until it fires or i lose my nut again and give up... again
Is the red security light going of when starting?
Next time you go to start it. First, lock & unlock it using the fob . Then try & start it.

Curly69

Reaction score
Members Ride
Next time you go to start it. First, lock & unlock it using the fob . Then try & start it.
yep, i do that periodically as it stays on sometimes... pain in the ass but its necessary i guess... gonna try some break cleaner now as i dont have start ya bastard

Curly69

Reaction score
Members Ride
shes chuffing now... real keen to start but just isnt there... thinking i need to check and clean the plugs (theyre brand new) also thinking coils but it really did want to start... at this point im just frying the starter and thats more money i dont have lmao.

found some crc556 to try use to start it and it backfired in my face, missed that feeling tbh, not keen to repeat often though. it really is so close to starting and its driving me completely bonkers... however, my adventure must end for the day, im also frying my braincells as to what it could be, will have another crack at it in the morning before my day begins..

cheers for the help thus far =)