Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz wont start Starter motor? plzz helppp

vz23kq

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz commodore lumina
Hey people, finished work had my car parked under my work. got in the car tried to start it all i got was
CLINK CLINK CLINK CLINK??
open the bonnet made sure all the connections were right, CLINK CLINK CLINK.
Put the key in let the screen thing load up, It says.. ABS FAULT?
all i can hear is the starter motor making a loud sound when the key is put in??
its a 2005 Vz commodore Auto.
i tried pushing the car in neutral then starting it no luck
I tried looking for the Starter motor, MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM HOLDEN they make these cars so you cant find NOTHING.
any help on this topic much appreciated.

alex2_s

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6 Sedan Auto
Likely the battery then, when it detects its a low voltage it shuts down non-essential items (eg. ABS)

Ray De Man

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
SII SSV REDLINE M6
Are you having the sticky indicator problem by any chance? It's happened to me on more then one occasion when I lock the car and don't notice that indicator is stuck on... Wait a few hours and abs fault displayed and click click click, battery is dead! Jump start please!

vz23kq

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz commodore lumina
Are you having the sticky indicator problem by any chance? It's happened to me on more then one occasion when I lock the car and don't notice that indicator is stuck on... Wait a few hours and abs fault displayed and click click click, battery is dead! Jump start please!

RAY DE MAN. NOOOO But on my 1st Battery This was the problem, I took the car to a auto electrition he done somehting to the BCU and its Fixedddd I HATEDDDDD THAT ****. Everytime id park the car itll stay on ohhh killed my lifeee. but no even today the car jumpstarts But when i leave it off for more then 1 hour there goes the battery, I disconnected All my ADDED extras to the car, I think Something was still draining the battery While car was off :S only time will tell

Pharaoh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais
How old is the battery?
If you can jump start the car ok, it definately isn't the starter motor, likely the battery is on the way out.
Had the same problem myself several times when the batteries get to around the 2 year-old age mark.
If you put in a brand new battery and have the same problems, then you've got an item using the battery [as noted by Ray De Man & RiCeY].

vz23kq

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz commodore lumina
For all you guys thanks for the help. Problem was a After market mod i added to the car, which was draining the battery while the car was off. HAHA hate half jobs!!! thnx for the help people :)

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
^^ And to think you were firstly pointing the finger at Holden.... Tch, tch....:hmmm:

vzsv604

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6
hi guys my car is doing the click click thing found starter motor but do i have to take out engine mount to get it out is also vz auto sv6 04 model?

6h84eva

Certifiably Holden Mad
Reaction score
Website
www.ithome.net.nz
Members Ride
2004 VZ SV6
Had an issue like this on my VS, where all I got was a click from the relay when I turned the key (like the starter motor wasn't responding). Eventually (and with no pattern) after turning the key many times, the starter would go and she'd burst into life. Turned out to be a corroded terminal on the power lead to the starter. Tricky bit was that it was under the little rubber cover on the back of the starter, so you didn't see it was corroded until you removed the rubber thing. Went through the whole bit of replacing the car's battery, the key, fuses.....all the while overlooking the simplest thing. It's the first thing I check now!