Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wagon rear ride height with KHRL 152HD springs

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
Does anyone have a wagon with King KHRL 152HD rear springs can tell me the ride height?

I've got to "moderately" lower a VF2 SV6 wagon and choose the right front spring and typically King's listed combinations are too high in the front with V8 sedans and Utes. or the rear ride heights are often lower than stated. 152HD's are supposed to be 380mm from the wheel centre to the top of the guard.

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon
Does anyone have a wagon with King KHRL 152HD rear springs can tell me the ride height?

I've got to "moderately" lower a VF2 SV6 wagon and choose the right front spring and typically King's listed combinations are too high in the front with V8 sedans and Utes. or the rear ride heights are often lower than stated. 152HD's are supposed to be 380mm from the wheel centre to the top of the guard.
Yep 380mm is correct.
However, fully loaded it significantly drops to the point I scrape everywhere.

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
Yep 380mm is correct.
However, fully loaded it significantly drops to the point I scrape everywhere.
yeah.. beware this with any aftermarket springs on the rear of a Sportwagon

I went thru several sets (now have XHD) until I got a set that are ok with no load
and also don't drag the ar*se with a load (or worse, towing)

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon
yeah.. beware this with any aftermarket springs on the rear of a Sportwagon

I went thru several sets (now have XHD) until I got a set that are ok with no load
and also don't drag the ar*se with a load (or worse, towing)
I've towed a bike on it, so nothing heavy and that actually seemed to put less load than a full 5 man car and packed boot.
That being said it towed absolutely brilliantly, as though there were nothing back there.
I must say that car handles great with just 2 people and some gear - nice and firm without being harsh.

What springs are you running now Smitty?

I am considering a set of Lovells HRL-118 which according to them will be 390. Ideally I like the 380 ride height, but it needs less deflection under load.

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon
Yep 380mm is correct.
However, fully loaded it significantly drops to the point I scrape everywhere. (scraping occurs on my 3" exhaust near the cats where the exhaust hangers are welded (so the hanger itself) as well as occasionally on the rear flange of the exhausts near the diff.