Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Want to make a vk Brock replica

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 T5, '77 BMW 320i e21, and a pair of Nike Air
I have a vk commodore in nsw and want to make it a Peter Brock replica (group a) with the full 05 and marlboro decals. How much would it cost and is it sold in the Sydney region. Also what would the legality/copyright on that and how would I get permission to use the material.

Thanks

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
If your talking the Day glo orange car it would not be road registerable, cost would be massive if you want to build an exact replica I looked at building one and worked on a budget of about $25-35k and thats building it myself.
I dont think there would be any dramas using the signwriting except for ciggy sponsorship ban on advertising in sport, you might get away with it on a historic car, and no money earnt. best to speak with a lawyer on that one.
If you want to build a fake replica body wise only maybe 10k

cheers
scott

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 T5, '77 BMW 320i e21, and a pair of Nike Air
hi..

i have a vk commodore SL now and am going to ssv in sydney to get either a group A body kit and then put the decals, and write to all the companys to get permission to use the logos for free (no sponsorship by ciggys luckly) and them maybe slip a 3800 ecotec into it and just have a basic interior. do you know what are the white 5 spoke rims?. was also thinking if replica is t hard and expensive then just getting group 3 and painting white.