Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Warning graphic!!

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
They're hard hitting that's for sure, but i fear people are becoming immune to these now.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Yeah... people are getting de-sensatised to gore shock ads.

This ad gets to me the most. If there was going to be an ad that would influence me to drive slower of more carefully, this would be the one.

Like, this one has the potential to get me teary when I watch it, and think about it while I'm watching it.

This one hits home I think.

YouTube - Pictures of You: TAC Anti-Speeding Campaign (full version)

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
Yeah... people are getting de-sensatised to gore shock ads.

This ad gets to me the most. If there was going to be an ad that would influence me to drive slower of more carefully, this would be the one.

Like, this one has the potential to get me teary when I watch it, and think about it while I'm watching it.

This one hits home I think.

YouTube - Pictures of You: TAC Anti-Speeding Campaign (full version)

man that is pretty powerfull it did put a tear in my eye and gave me all goose bumps

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
This one is good. Fairly light hearted but clever.

YouTube - TAC - Wanker

But at the end of the day, we shouldn't need ads like this to open peoples eyes to what can happen on the roads. Common sense and logical thinking should be all that is needed.

some_guy

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SII Exec.
: O

Thats add deffinately makes your gut drop... for me the one where the guy gets hit buy the rolling car.... makes you think of everytime your mate or you has done something bad..... and you want to hit yourself

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
Problem is, I think you need to have put yourself in one of those situations depicted, that could potentially have ended tragically but didn't, to really get the full impact.

Kids getting their licenses aren't going to have that experience to relate to. They already know people die on the road from speeding, drinking, etc but we all know that doesn't stop them doing it.

It takes that personal connection to make you take a step back and think "****, that could be me!", which is something you only get from being close to potential tragedy yourself.

At least that's what I reckon :p

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
Problem is, I think you need to have put yourself in one of those situations depicted, that could potentially have ended tragically but didn't, to really get the full impact.

Kids getting their licenses aren't going to have that experience to relate to. They already know people die on the road from speeding, drinking, etc but we all know that doesn't stop them doing it.

It takes that personal connection to make you take a step back and think "****, that could be me!", which is something you only get from being close to potential tragedy yourself.

At least that's what I reckon :p

+1 very true mate, never looked at it like that before