Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WARNING LS3 Recall about to happen

mrjasonhong

Reaction score
Members Ride
SOAG MY17 VFII SS-V Redline Sportwagon
my redline wagon is a march 17 build. When i did its first major service in december they did the A/C replacement seal, without even telling me. I only found out when i read through the receipt whilst in the carpark

StanHurley

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MOTORSPORT EDN.
Mine (September build) went in today for her 1st month service. Had the service manager look up the database- rocker arms were replaced in December; no mention of the drain seal thing on the VIN

Over 60

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director
Mine (September build) went in today for her 1st month service. Had the service manager look up the database- rocker arms were replaced in December; no mention of the drain seal thing on the VIN

Over 60

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director
Had 4 phone conversations today.customer care advised me that some service departments just change the seal and others will only change after leaking. I blew up and said why should I wait until my carpet is wrecked. Going higher up the food chain with this issue.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Customer 'care' mob are generally ill informed and useless...
I try to resolve all issues with the dealership first

revster

Reaction score
Members Ride
30th Anniversary HSV Senator (Gone) MY19 Golf R
I must be lucky, Customer Care have been great for me on a number of issues including one very complex one which resulted in me saving almost $1000. I have had no issues either with the 2 Adelaide dealers I have dealt with.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
@revster glad you've had no problems with having defects corrected.

Some people have no defects to worry about, or fixing the defects occurred without drama.

But, just imagine if you were the first to experiance 'power steering connector fretting corrosion' and it occured out of warranty. How difficult may that have been to resolve via the dealer? via customer care? Likely you'd have paid for a fix; maybe paid a discounted rate but paid nevertheless. As such many may think they did OK, until the issue is finally recognised and handled at no cost by the manufacturer (if they ever became aware that is). But unlike the USA, there is no defined process to handle getting back what you paid - and i doubt Holden will ring you up and offer a refund in duch instances.

Sadly such issues are not uncommon and such behaviour seems to be industry wide.

I could mention multiple issues with one Mazda vehicle i've owned and more recently an incompetant recall repair that left me with no brakes due to leaking hydrolic fluid on my Hyndai.

But don't trust me, as a primer to such behaviour just read up on the Ford DCT class action and Fords varied handling of the many many instances.

revster

Reaction score
Members Ride
30th Anniversary HSV Senator (Gone) MY19 Golf R
@Skylarking I never said people don't have issues and I agree with most of what you say. All I said I have been lucky.

Over 60

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director
Customer care have now told me factory changed the seal in production from mid September. Service department is going to inspect my a/c drain thursday week to see if this is true. I'll let everyone know after inspection