Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WARNING LS3 Recall about to happen

Over 60

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director
If you look at the previous link from sequal 3rd feb, their instructions to dealers look pretty simple to me. You just need a tool to get 2 screws out, rubber grease and a seal.

Last edited:

SSV 407

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
If you look at the previous link from sequal 3rd feb, their instructions to dealers look pretty simple to me. You just need a tool to get 2 screws out, rubber grease and a seal.
Thanks Over 60. Must have missed that post :confused:

Last edited:

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Could it be replaced by a layman like me? I don't ever want to take my car to the dealership o_O
By clicking on the service bulleting i linked a few posts up, look at what is involved and you should be able to decide yourself if the job is within your skill set ;)

What's great about having access to service bulletins and recall notices containing real technical information is that owners can understand what is being done and thus ensure the dealer is doing the job correctly. Sadly the crap recall notices we have on the ACCC site are deviod of real technical information and service bulletins are unavailable within the australian market :mad:

PS: ninja'd by @SSV 407

SSV 407

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
By clicking on the service bulleting i linked a few posts up, look at what is involved and you should be able to decide yourself if the job is within your skill set ;)

What's great about having access to service bulletins and recall notices containing real technical information is that owners can understand what is being done and thus ensure the dealer is doing the job correctly. Sadly the crap recall notices we have on the ACCC site are deviod of real technical information and service bulletins are unavailable within the australian market :mad:

PS: ninja'd by @SSV 407
Any chance you know where to buy a slim ratcheting driver that's required?
I had a Thousands of $$$ in tools...everything except that o_O
PS. Sequal. Thank you for the PDF ;)

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
The Service Bulletin indicates a small ratchet with a cut down phillips hex bit can be used until a specific tool is provided by Holden.

By all means, purchase such a limited use tool or simply look through your $$$ in tools for something you can MacGyver up ;)
Heck, a cut down phillips hex bit with a washer welded half way up the bit and drop into a small ring spanner should do the job :cool:

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
@sequal just wondering how you went with the HVAC drain seal fixed and did the dealer/holden clean up all the mold and/or replace the carpets ?

phantom0817

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS
I received no letter at all but when I rang the service dept they were happy enough to have the lifters and Hvac done, which supposedly has been done now. I hope they would have suggested to do it at the next service but odd that no letter was sent, let alone the free service offered to others.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224

Something like these? A mate found these in the US and bought 10 sets back, 2 for me.
Their brand name is Husky.
DEW_1938 (Medium).JPG

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director