Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WARNING LS3 Recall about to happen

SSV 407

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
The Service Bulletin indicates a small ratchet with a cut down phillips hex bit can be used until a specific tool is provided by Holden.

By all means, purchase such a limited use tool or simply look through your $$$ in tools for something you can MacGyver up ;)
Heck, a cut down phillips hex bit with a washer welded half way up the bit and drop into a small ring spanner should do the job :cool:
I like your way of thinking ;)

DIR-ACT

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director - about September
Image.jpg
Rockers and A/C grommet replaced today. Now to do some driving and get a few more kilometres on it. Happy Days!

sequal

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV
@sequal just wondering how you went with the HVAC drain seal fixed and did the dealer/holden clean up all the mold and/or replace the carpets ?

It took a week to get it in to a dealer, and I called around all in the area, but it is all sorted. The seal is fixed and the carpet replaced.

After looking closely at it, it was much worse than it seemed.

Over 60

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director
Just on another issue, I have never had high performance 20 inch RE050A tyres before. Do they sound a bit like a bearing noise or should I get that looked too.

KT11H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Ute
20" RE050A on my ute are rather noisy too, there are also some humming noise with the tyre slapping on the road. I doubt that they are bearing noise which will be very noticeable and so far there isn't any complaints from members on the VF2's wheel bearings. No harm to have yours looked at by the dealer.

Over 60

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director
Thanks it's probably tyre noise then. I'll get it looked at service

saroadie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 Storm
Just on another issue, I have never had high performance 20 inch RE050A tyres before. Do they sound a bit like a bearing noise or should I get that looked too.
Yeah that's normal road noise for these.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY

You can check if it is the tyres yourself.....Jack the front corner of the car up and spin the wheel, with your ear near the centre of the rim....If you hear a rumbling noise, the wheel bearing is gone....If you don't, it's the tyres

Over 60

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director
You can check if it is the tyres yourself.....Jack the front corner of the car up and spin the wheel, with your ear near the centre of the rim....If you hear a rumbling noise, the wheel bearing is gone....If you don't, it's the tyres
Took your advice and jacked it up. No bearing noise only slight rubbing of brake pad noise. Must just be the tyres. Thanks