Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WARNING LS3 Recall about to happen

vombil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 UTE
@sequal just wondering how you went with the HVAC drain seal fixed and did the dealer/holden clean up all the mold and/or replace the carpets ?

i got a filthy wet smell in my 2015 series 2 SSV ute. wondering now if it was this HVAC thing! stunk like wet carpet

vombil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 UTE
just had my rocker arms done. the motor sounds better. not sure why but it's not as rattly as it was prior. tip for young players... don't wait for the service manager to ring and tell you the parts have arrived (tried the waiting game). hot tip: go lean on the bloke in parts department. He/she is king!

Over 60

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director
Does anyone know where the HVAC drain tube releases the water under the car. Since they changed my seal water is coming out from between the underbody and on top of the foil heat shield above the exhaust pipe front left?

Last edited:

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Does anyone know where the HVAC drain tube releases the water under the car. Since they changed my seal water is coming out from between the underbody and on top of the foil heat shield above the exhaust pipe front left?
Why not look at the service bulletin for this hvac issue listed earlier within this thread? It outlines what work is needed with enough pics for you to understand where the drain is.

By then sticking your head under the car, with safety in mind, you should see where the drain comes out and where the water dribbles down. I’ve yet to check physically what grommet I have and what happens under the car but it can’t be rocket science.

Since it may be too hard to look though each page of this thread to find where the bulletin was first mentioned, look at this post within page 13 of this thread.

Cheers ;)

Over 60

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director
Why not look at the service bulletin for this hvac issue listed earlier within this thread? It outlines what work is needed with enough pics for you to understand where the drain is.

By then sticking your head under the car, with safety in mind, you should see where the drain comes out and where the water dribbles down. I’ve yet to check physically what grommet I have and what happens under the car but it can’t be rocket science.

Since it may be too hard to look though each page of this thread to find where the bulletin was first mentioned, look at this post within page 13 of this thread.

Cheers ;)
Thanks skylarking I know where it is inside the car but I can't see where under the car. Where it's running out now it's dripping on to the exhaust and sizzling, this can't be where it is supposed to run out. I think the hose may have been dislodged from its correct position but I don't know where that is. Thanks

Komet163

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director
I think I should mention my recent experience with the rocker recall and the HVAC hose. I took my Director to a Holden dealer here in QLD and even before I had driven the car out of the premises I was regretting having ever taken it to them for the recall work.
The car was now "creaking" over even small undulations in the road. It sounded like suspension problem. After a few kilometres i was so disappointed with this I turned back and returned unhappy to the service centre.
The mechanic who worked on it came out and went with me for test drive. He said yes that noise is not normal and the only thing he did was "lose" a screw from the HVAC hose but said it was not needed! - one was enough. He then removed the footwell trim and finally recovered the lost screw with a magnetic extension arm.
Second test drive was better but noise still there. They then took the car back into their workshop. One hour later it was ready and this time the noise was finally gone. The original retainers for the HVAC hose hadn't been secured properly. Needless to say I was not very impressed with the standard of work and have posted this in case anyone else has noticed an unusual creaking noise that wasn't there before. Surprised such a small thing would cause so much grief.

Over 60

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director
I think I should mention my recent experience with the rocker recall and the HVAC hose. I took my Director to a Holden dealer here in QLD and even before I had driven the car out of the premises I was regretting having ever taken it to them for the recall work.
The car was now "creaking" over even small undulations in the road. It sounded like suspension problem. After a few kilometres i was so disappointed with this I turned back and returned unhappy to the service centre.
The mechanic who worked on it came out and went with me for test drive. He said yes that noise is not normal and the only thing he did was "lose" a screw from the HVAC hose but said it was not needed! - one was enough. He then removed the footwell trim and finally recovered the lost screw with a magnetic extension arm.
Second test drive was better but noise still there. They then took the car back into their workshop. One hour later it was ready and this time the noise was finally gone. The original retainers for the HVAC hose hadn't been secured properly. Needless to say I was not very impressed with the standard of work and have posted this in case anyone else has noticed an unusual creaking noise that wasn't there before. Surprised such a small thing would cause so much grief.
I know how you feel, as well as my drain issue ever since they did my rockers my car has idled a bit rough, been back twice and they reckon it's normal. Getting close to telling them to shove the warranty and looking for a Sydney mechanic that knows what he is doing

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
I love reading these forums. Makes me happy when I drive my car

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks skylarking I know where it is inside the car but I can't see where under the car. Where it's running out now it's dripping on to the exhaust and sizzling, this can't be where it is supposed to run out. I think the hose may have been dislodged from its correct position but I don't know where that is. Thanks
Sorry, I haven’t looked under the vehicle myself.

Keep in mind that you are assuming that there is an underside hose that takes the drain fluid somewhere else. Vehicle manufacturers are amongst the cheapest beasts in the universe and if they can save a 1 cent, they will. So it’s not inconceivable that there is no tube to divert drain fluid away from the underside exit point. As such Holden may think that a little sizzle is a ‘feature’.

Maybe you could check out the workshop manual. I may do so later if I have time. Else you can pop by Holden parts as they should have something listed if Holden didn’t want you to have a cheap ‘feature’ ;)

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Incompetence never ceases to amaze o_O