Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WARNING LS3 Recall about to happen

Over 60

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director
There is also a drip under the engine bay too onto the manifold.
G'Day Anthony the attached photo shows the drips off the heat shield, i think this could be coming from a detached drain under the engine bay
that you are referring to.

Attachments

• 20180309_100145.jpg
    20180309_100145.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 172

dazinau

Reaction score
Members Ride
Motorsport
I can’t wait to pick up my car when I next get it serviced...they will hand me the invoice...I’ll hand them the letter with ‘free’ highlighted...what do you reckon the response is going to be?
Probably why they changed my oil - so they can say "no no we did it when we did the rocker arms".

I don't think I'll use them for services anyway - convenient and cheap but too many questionable things from Alto now for me.

RTSV6UTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director build number 332..."CALDIR"
Hi

Had the inlet rocker arms replaced, A/C recall performed, the 1st 9 month full service including oil change performed, red centre caps and lock nuts fitted to my VF Director last week all at no cost to me (I supplied the red centre caps/lock nuts).

Car has only travelled 110k's since picking it up August 2017 and I can highly recommend dealing with Paul from the service department at Bay City Holden in Frankston, Victoria. I told him I am leaving this car in mint condition and expect to have it back in the same condition with the exception of an extra stamp in my service books and this is exactly what I received on pickup. They even parked it in a position that they have always referred to as "dead mans corner" to reduce the impact of any people having to walk past my car.

Will use them again.

Regards,

RTSV6UTE

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
IMHO, oil change for a vehicle that has travelled 110 kms is pointless. Dealers seems to insist it is needed based on time or distance.

Guess it does help their bottom line a little o_O

RTSV6UTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director build number 332..."CALDIR"
oil change for a vehicle that has travelled 110 kms is pointless

Hi

Anytime an oi change is done it gives the mechanic an opportunity to check the oil removed for any other underlying issues. I would always expect the standard services to include an oil change regardless of kilometres travelled.

Regards,

RTSV6UTE

Over 60

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director
Yes, the aim is to get the condensate out of the aircon system and out of the vehicle entirelly. But all my other vehilces did this task a little more elegantly and dumped the water directly onto the ground (via a backflow valve at the end of the tube).

This is the first time i'm hearing of condensate being dumped onto a heatshield or exhaust pipe which seems like a poorer design to me.

Keep in mind i haven't looked at this on my MSE so it may be that part of the OP's drain housing is missing, missasembled or brocken but i don't know as i haven't seen his vehicle.

As expected a different service department found that a drain hose had come adrift when the HVAC seal was installed and they reconnected it and it is now draining to the ground adjacent to the transmission. Thanks for your input.

Flash317

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2
I called the dealer and Holden Customer Care and asked was my Magnum effected by the Air cond drain seal, they both said, No it's not effected, it has the correct seal.
I checked myself and it has the old foam seal, not the new rubber seal.Disappointed and glad I checked.

Over 60

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director
I called the dealer and Holden Customer Care and asked was my Magnum effected by the Air cond drain seal, they both said, No it's not effected, it has the correct seal.
I checked myself and it has the old foam seal, not the new rubber seal.Disappointed and glad I checked.
Customer care told me from mid September builds they fitted the foam seals correctly so mine wasn't on the list either (if this is correct then why are they using rubber seal now). I had to say it was leaking to get them to justify replacing it with the rubber seal.

revster

Reaction score
Members Ride
30th Anniversary HSV Senator (Gone) MY19 Golf R

This is at least the 2nd time I have read this about the data base being wrong. HCC need to be told.

Over 60

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director
This is at least the 2nd time I have read this about the data base being wrong. HCC need to be told.
HCC reckon the data Base is right but admit that the foam seal was still used however they claim it was installed properly after mid September (I have my doubts if this is true)