Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Water leaking into VE

DirkDiggler76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-V 2010
I have a water leak front passenger side on up high right where the carpet end. I pulled it back and it was damp under it.

Do I assume that water is coming though the fire wall somehow. Does anyone know of a youtube video that take apart the from water collecter in the engine bay, so I can make sure everything is good. That is where I think it is coming from.

whats up

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais
I have a water leak front passenger side on up high right where the carpet end. I pulled it back and it was damp under it.

Do I assume that water is coming though the fire wall somehow. Does anyone know of a youtube video that take apart the from water collecter in the engine bay, so I can make sure everything is good. That is where I think it is coming from.

Try pouring some water in front of cabin filter housing
and if it's not running down by the front wheel area it's a blockage.
You can try some high pressure water or a burst of air to clear.
Lots of times there is tree leaves and stuff causing the blockage.

DirkDiggler76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-V 2010
thanks going through that now. First thing to look at this coming Monday ( hols)

DVE855

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 Ve SSV S1 L98 6lt
I had the dreaded leak issue in my 09 SSV, after finding water sat rear drivers side footwell after taking through carwash. My issue was the curved trim around the rear driver's side door the clip had broke holding it to the body, allowing a gap which intern made the rear door not seal closed properly, allowing water to flow between the seal down the inner trim next to rear seat down to lowest point
Hopefully this helps.

Sarah032

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
I thought I would clarify my water leak and it's cause.

Basically it was building up in the seal and then piece of plastic that covers the wiring near the seat allowed water to spill over the top and down to the carpet via the wiring plastic. Replacing the rubber seal appears to have stopped the problem, or at least helped.

attachment.php
I can’t see the pic

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I can’t see the pic
Most of the forums photos were lost when migrating from the previous server. Gone for ever. This is why image uploads to the forum are far easier now.