Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WH Statesman cornering globes

soleit

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SS-V
I figured it's time to see why the cornering lights weren't working when I indicated at night. Very easy to diagnose. The plugs are all there but the bulbs aren't. Anyone know what wattage or bulb ID they are?

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
21 watt, bayonette fitting. Same as reversing lights.

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman LS1, VX Commodore
They also might not work if there is a after market replacement indicator stalk fitted.

WHCapriceHBD

Reaction score
Members Ride
01 VX
The guy above me is absolutely spot on.

If you purchase aftermarket Ebay Commodore indicator stalks (or you put a regular old Commodore/Calais/etc indicator stalk in a WH) you will lose the function of the cornering lights.

The garden variety Commodore/Calais/etc does not have cornering lights and their indicator stalks are missing a row of electrical pins needed to activate the cornering lights when the indicator is used.

WH/WK/WL Statesman/Caprice/Grange MUST use a WH/WK/WL indicator stalk or you lose the cornering lights function.

Ask me how I know...

soleit

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SS-V
Nah, it's the original stock stalk. Got some reverse bulbs today, threw them in and voila, cornering lights

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
Corner lights .just a quick thanks this thread helped me out this afternoon with a wh going for a rwc the owners manual in the glove box doesn't talk about them or I didn't find them in there, at some stage someone had put a commodore stork in the statesmen. Hence corner lights not working.