Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What another can't be Right thread

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
SAD.
I love that Movie "Christine" Yes good movie as the Car take revenge against cruel owners.

Not quite, the car takes revenge against people it thinks are coming between her and the owner (who she is infatuated with), and the thugs who damage her in the garage...just saying ;)

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Not quite, the car takes revenge against people it thinks are coming between her and the owner (who she is infatuated with), and the thugs who damage her in the garage...just saying ;)
Been many decades since l saw that movie.

Brettly-2008

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS Commodore - Ford Territory ... both camps
Whilst my wife was shopping at the fruit shop a small car yard had a 2014 VF Redline with 108,123 on the clock.
Yes this car has gone over 100 thousands K's and yet IT DID NOT HAVE DINT ON IT, NOTHING!!!! not even "A" stone chip on the front of Heron White colour.

How can this be Possible to have a car that was registered in 2014 and traveled over 100, thousand K and have no scratch, dints or even a stone chip on it.

I'm confused why you're so surprised by this. Firstly 100k kms over 4 years is only 25k kms per year -only slightly above average. And immaculate paint is easy to achieve for a four-year-old car. In my experience, car dealerships have amazing techniques/contacts when it comes making second hand cars look like new.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
In my experience, car dealerships have amazing techniques/contacts when it comes making second hand cars look like new.

They also have great techniques when it comes to making brand new cars look like shiit too...some of them look like they've been 'washed' with a bucket of wet sand.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I'm confused why you're so surprised by this. Firstly 100k kms over 4 years is only 25k kms per year -only slightly above average. And immaculate paint is easy to achieve for a four-year-old car. In my experience, car dealerships have amazing techniques/contacts when it comes making second hand cars look like new.
... for a day, to someone who doesn’t look properly.

We had stone chips (well - paint-missing dots, there’s not enough depth in the paint for a ‘chip’) on ours a couple of weeks after we got it, and that’s suburban driving at 50km/h; highway usage will result in a lot more. The paint on a VF is, as the Monty Python man says, waffer-thin. You can’t fix paint missing in lots of little spots like that without a respray ... a good painter could possibly manage a front-clip you wouldn’t notice under certain light conditions or for a couple of years I s’pose.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
... for a day, to someone who doesn’t look properly.

We had stone chips (well - paint-missing dots, there’s not enough depth in the paint for a ‘chip’) on ours a couple of weeks after we got it, and that’s suburban driving at 50km/h; highway usage will result in a lot more. The paint on a VF is, as the Monty Python man says, waffer-thin. You can’t fix paint missing in lots of little spots like that without a respray ... a good painter could possibly manage a front-clip you wouldn’t notice under certain light conditions or for a couple of years I s’pose.
yes the car was out in the middle of the yard, it was a Sunny day and come to think of it the paint did not look to be fresh, come to think of it the paint looked tired and not shiny but at the same time it I could not find in 4 minutes any dints on the side or stone chips on the front. Humm it a magic car