Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What are these marks?

Callsign Vegas

Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 Vp Holden Calais
I'm a fulltime mechanic mate, **** happens, take it back to them and hopfully the'll sort it out, some people don't think in a workshop environment, good luck.

Carl

Reaction score
Members Ride
Crewman VYII SS
"Clay it"
Running a (special) clay bar over your car with a fine detailer, which picks up a lot of unseen tiny junk.
You should do it before you polish your car, in my opinion.

I concur with taking the car back to the mechanic and make a fuss.

Loaded Dice

.... Lets roll.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SSV Redline
Was it your local dealer by chance?

djdomohudson

Mad frogs
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega Sedan / VE International Sportwagon
Nah it wasn't. Have only been in the local dealer once and that was to see if they had some spare screws and grommits. It was done at the local mechanics down the road. Had it in and out of there a number of times. Always comes back dirty but this time these spots are all over it. Will enquire of the fella tomorrow see what he says.

djdomohudson

Mad frogs
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega Sedan / VE International Sportwagon
I'll give it a bash with some cut and polish in the morning then. If no good I'll take it down

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
Can you feel the spots with your hand on top of the paint? If so, I'll say it again:

"clay it..."

Polishing it may cause you to rub the particles around into the paint, causing scratches/swirls. Clay will safely lift the particles off the surface and embed them within the clay bar.

toey@carfx

Detailing Junkie
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
2007 wm caprice
if its metal filings from a grinder you will want a de-ironizer like wolfs decon gel or carpro iron-x which will desolve the metal bits. using a clay bar may pull them out of the paint but you will then drag them across the paint surface once they dislodge (if they even do). cutting compound will do the same thing. also seeing you have a white vt, ill can almost garentee your paint is oxidised which means where ever you hit with compound will be a different colour to the rest of the car.