Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais 3.8L S
I had a series 2 VE in manual and after 4 years the brakes still had about 80% left (I know engine braking would have helped). I now have a series 2 VY Calais Auto (3.8L S) and need to change the brakes but I'm hearing that most brakes only last about 10,000kms. Is this because of the way the car is and can anyone recommend a descent set of brakes that'll last as long as my VE brakes (or at least longer than 10,000kms? Was looking at the bend ultimate brakes but I'm not sure. Just want something that'll last and that won't squeak

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
I've always used DBA rotors and Bendix GCT pads in my daily drivers.
Never had any issues with these products either.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Never heard of somebody only getting 10,000km out of a reputable brand of brake pad, ie Bendix.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
Different car, but the brakes still have a hell of a lot left in the VS ute. only done something like 130,000+ kms and its the DBA T3s with the QFM pads, but as they got machined we changed them to the Bendix ultimates. only sometimes squeak, but they are designed ot be heated up and used. Still stop good though.

It does come down to how you drive it though.
If racecar style with hard braking (or like most city drivers in autos with no thought for coasting) then of course they might only last 10000kms but if you drive sensibly then they should last you fine. Also have a set of APs (6/4 pot) with I believe Bendix pads and DBA rotors (2 piece on the front) and they also go fine, no squeaks. But if I drive it like a racecar I wouldn't expect it to last.