Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what branded fuel filter and oil filter for commodore vy ?

forceultimate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S
just replace my spark plugs with ngk ...think about to replace the fuel filter and oil filter too ..i hv seen alot service kit on ebay ..FSA .BOSCH. GM.RYCO.

GETTING confused ..which one is better for fuel economy ..coz my vy drinks alot now ....

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Bosch, GM and Ryco are all good brands. How much fuel are you actually using?

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Genuine ACDelco

forceultimate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S
Bosch, GM and Ryco are all good brands. How much fuel are you actually using?
16-17l/100km . coz last time my engine flame out when i make a turn ..scare the **** out of me ..all brake and steering doesnt work ..i was thinking may be itz time to upgrade those parts..

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
16-17l/100km . coz last time my engine flame out when i make a turn ..scare the **** out of me ..all brake and steering doesnt work ..i was thinking may be itz time to upgrade those parts..

Changing those parts is notgoing to fix your fuel consmption problems.

Does it smell like your car is running rich?

franklinfrog

Reaction score
Website
www.cheapbrisbanebikes.com
Members Ride
VY SS Wagon 5.7 Auto Wikid Postie Bike
Any of those brands will be fine, I usually use Ryco, cause they're cheap and available in the local shops. As above, fuel consumption won't get much better with these replaced, bad O2 sensors can cause excessive fuel usage. This would be a good starting point, take out, clean, check connections on them etc.

forceultimate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S
Any of those brands will be fine, I usually use Ryco, cause they're cheap and available in the local shops. As above, fuel consumption won't get much better with these replaced, bad O2 sensors can cause excessive fuel usage. This would be a good starting point, take out, clean, check connections on them etc.

oh .ok . u r ri bro .but where is o2 sensor located ..commodore is always getting me crazy ..i took a while to find out where the fuel filter is . ...im new to to those thing by myself ..but anyway kinda fun. thx to youtube....

franklinfrog

Reaction score
Website
www.cheapbrisbanebikes.com
Members Ride
VY SS Wagon 5.7 Auto Wikid Postie Bike
Bad fuel economy could also be low tyre pressure, throttle body needs cleaning, injector cleaner needed, fuel pressure reg etc etc. But if you're getting 16-17L that's probably more serious, especially if it's highway.

Oxy sensors should throw a code and engine light if bad but often won't, you can't tell whether they're stuffed, but cleaning their heads can help. Most people just throw new ones in. Depends on your time vs money values.

They're in the exhaust system, measure oxygen levels on each side and adjust fuel accordingly. Just a sensor in the exhaust somewhere near your firewall/before cat. Pretty sure the V6 has just two, one each side. You can test them if you have a multimeter.

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/vy-holden-commodore-2002-2004/60118-s2-vy-o2-sensors.html

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/vt-vx-holden-commodore-1997-2002/39411-replacing-o2-sensors-vt.html

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/vr-vs-holden-commodore-1993-1997/186959-anyone-used-these-o2-sensors.html

If you buy new ones, make sure you get the 2 wire or 4 wire, whichever suits your car.

Have you checked for any codes? High fuel consumption could be a few things.........

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
Could also how hard you drive the car too.. Like above said get your multi meter out and test 1st