Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What causes the V6 to have little power?

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
My friend had a stock vn with 500,000 on the clock and it still whipped VX's and VL turbos etc.
:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
Changed the transmission 2 months ago on the vp. It kicks a lot nicer but no power increase so I can rule the trans out. Done the removing of the bell mouth. Made it just run rough. @Brett I have heard the same thing about motors being built on Monday's and Friday's. @soop, that couldn't possibly be a reason for low power engines. My friend had a stock vn with 500,000 on the clock and it still whipped VX's and VL turbos etc.
No fat drivers here.

I might look into fuel delivery. Thanks for the thoughts guys.

You gotta be kidding about beating vl turbos and vx's, get ya hand off it lol

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Changed the transmission 2 months ago on the vp. It kicks a lot nicer but no power increase so I can rule the trans out. Done the removing of the bell mouth. Made it just run rough. @Brett I have heard the same thing about motors being built on Monday's and Friday's. @soop, that couldn't possibly be a reason for low power engines. My friend had a stock vn with 500,000 on the clock and it still whipped VX's and VL turbos etc.
No fat drivers here.

Think we found the problem with his car...

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
No fat drivers here.

Maybe next time your mate can inform the other drivers that there is a race going, so they can go and hop in their cars. But more likely your mate is one of those guys who floors it t lights and then gets a huge smug grin on, points at other cars and laughs when they catch up at the next lights, while the other cars have no f'ing idea what the hell hes on about.

Richie217

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 R8 Clubsport
I think it's the NA V6 part that makes it slow :smoking:

crazy.vr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore
The mechanics never could find out why the vn was so powerful. Call me a liar then. I think I've found out how many sour grapes are here.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
The mechanics never could find out why the vn was so powerful. Call me a liar then. I think I've found out how many sour grapes are here.

Maybe it was the cop chip.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
lol whipping VX's and VL turbo's...You sure you didn't run a red light and they weren't even moving...

wait...no actually you mean you dragged them at full throttle revving it off at 6k and they were barely moving past 2k...aka weren't racing you.

:rofl:

crazy.vr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore
No, seriously. Anyone from Vic heard of a car 7-8 years ago called 'CrzeVN'? Or crazy for short? The mechanics couldn't find out why the motor had so much power. One of the very first VN's off the line and the mechanics just thought it must have been built on a Wednesday. It didn't have a cop chip or even extractors or a fully sick exhaust. It was stock and it went like a bat out of hell. It's like comparing this VP to a pony and the VN to a race horse and I want to know what it is that makes that motor so fast.

bogan_vk

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
My friend had a stock vn with 500,000 on the clock and it still whipped VX's and VL turbos etc.
and then he woke up! lol

edit; sorry but a rattly old buick stock as a rock i cant see beating a vl turbs or an ecotec unless they forgot to hit the gas pedal.