Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What could this sound from my LS3 be?

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Was that a 4-cylinder LS3? I think I heard an indicator.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition

VCoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Calais SW LS3 MY16
Sorry to hear another one bites the dust. Low Kms and stock standard will help a challenge but some common areas that will come up should you seek Consumer Guarantee under Australian Consumer Law within NCAT include: what is the vehicle's service history - did you continue to drive it after hearing the noises and what noises preceded this engine's final 'death' stage - were these/similar abnormal engine noises ever identified or recorded by an authorised GMANZ approved dealer inside or outside warranty ... a GM initiated inspection or engine disassembly without your consent or attendance is highly risky. Also beware of misrepresentations of Laws (I was crudely 'advised' in QCAT a Major Fault under ACL applies in brief should you are unable to drive on a selected day between point A and B due to an engine fault) -that QLD Tribunal's narrow interpretation of ACL is currently being raised to the QAG and challenged more widely - real ACL does offer far more so suggest read the Act asap). My experience was if repair will cost GMANZ a large amount of money it fights dirty to stop risking a ruled ACL precedence (which could be your LS3 matter).

Yond

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Calais V Sportwagon LS3
That doesn't sound very good though could you make it into a YouTube video, showing the car revving as it might give us a better idea on what's going on... Others have had similar experiences to you on this forum, such as @Ron Burgundy and @henrytad....

I'll link Henry's thread here:

https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/seized-engine-vf-ss-ii.297163/unread
The engine is dead so I am unable to show it revving. I will consider posting a video to YouTube of its failure and seeking feedback from the considerable LS3 expertise residing in the USA.

Thanks for the thread link.

Any warranty left ?
Two years remaining of a seven year warranty.

Sorry to hear another one bites the dust. Low Kms and stock standard will help a challenge but some common areas that will come up should you seek Consumer Guarantee under Australian Consumer Law within NCAT include: what is the vehicle's service history - did you continue to drive it after hearing the noises and what noises preceded this engine's final 'death' stage - were these/similar abnormal engine noises ever identified or recorded by an authorised GMANZ approved dealer inside or outside warranty ... a GM initiated inspection or engine disassembly without your consent or attendance is highly risky. Also beware of misrepresentations of Laws (I was crudely 'advised' in QCAT a Major Fault under ACL applies in brief should you are unable to drive on a selected day between point A and B due to an engine fault) -that QLD Tribunal's narrow interpretation of ACL is currently being raised to the QAG and challenged more widely - real ACL does offer far more so suggest read the Act asap). My experience was if repair will cost GMANZ a large amount of money it fights dirty to stop risking a ruled ACL precedence (which could be your LS3 matter).
Thanks for the advice. I am very interested to know about their tactics.

I have a useful collection of relevant case law and legal commentary to go with my copy of the ACL. Holden is already trying to deceive me and I will be submitting a complaint to the ACCC.

MrBags

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z SERIES
Is/was it stock? Should be a decent result if it’s untouched and inside warranty still right?