Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What deal did you get for your vf series 2????

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
^ This is an opinion many have, but I don't subscribe. It makes the car look ... well, complete, and also like someone cares.

HOWEVER, on a Redline it does take away some of the 'fats' drama from the rear, because they're not as wide as the tyre (they don't need to be to protect the paint); you naturally assume the tyre is the width of the mudflap, and you don't really 'see' how wide it is.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
Why get nice rims and tyres and then put mudflaps on a car?
They look ridiculous.

I'm old skool and like to be different. Its all about the protection. I have mudflaps on my Monaro and it doesn't bother me.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
A few comments on your options:
(*) Holden announced that the Redline HF20's were $1500 when the VF2 was announced (FYI)
(*) they come with stainless sill-plate inserts already, the extra-cost ones are just inserts with different logos; but unlike stainless sill-plates of old they're just wee little things for appearance only, they offer no protection
(*) I love our folding luggage organiser; the shopping tote-bags fold neatly into the pocket with the elasticised webbing, shopping & individual things go into the organiser, and the load-space is always neat & organised & nothing slides around :)
(*) what SnowDoggyDog says about prices is very true, check eBay for example (although our local dealer was cheaper for the sheepskin seat-covers) ... but consider fitting, stuff like grille inserts are a bit involved when fitting & if the dealer price includes fitting there're a few hours you'll save (not to mention me being antsy about pulling the bumper off my brand new car!)
(*) negotiating, when options are involved, is wierd. You know how it works, each side invents a reason for their assertion on whether the price could come down or stay where it is ... but the initial price you're given with all the options has full-priced options with that being a large chunk of the dealer profit. Then you start negotiating down, reducing the overall price; and then because Holden has published option prices online (and you've also researched prices on eBay), and the dealer has totally different prices on all options, you remove the ones which are way more than the Holden price & the cost comes down by those full profit-heavy prices. It was a bit strange, I'd have thought they should only reduce the price by their cost rather than the full RRP. Anyhoo, the point being that I reckon that the negotiation is easier for a non-haggler if you start by specifying every option, negotiate the fully-loaded vehicle down, and then start removing all options that aren't cheaper than you expect.

Thanks Forg and SnowDoggyDog. I'll see how many options I can get up to the value of $63,100 without having to pay the LCT.

I did the same when I bought my SRiV Cruze, listed all the options and then haggled and started to remove options that were cheaper elsewhere or even cheaper by using the 20%off voucher the dealer gave me. Most of the options I will get done at the Holden Enhancement Centre (HEC) so they are all done at the factory and not at the dealer and I will make sure this is noted in the contract.

Hell when I ordered my last new Holden I had it noted down that the car not be washed and all factory stickers and protectors be left on the car. So when I got the car, it was like un wrapping your own Christmas present, and I got to keep all my factory validation stickers cos im just that particular :surprise:

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
someone posted earlier about price difference's in the country. I just did a quick build & price for VFII Redline sedan with the following options which can be fitted for you at the factory instead of the dealer

Automatic
(Prestige Paint)
2100kg tow pack
Front Grille Surrounds Black
Track stripes
V8 Engine Cover
DRL Surrounds Black
Fender vent surrounds
HF-20 Alloy Wheels - Black

drive away prices as follows

SA – $65,907
VIC – $65,492
NSW – $66,117
QLD – $66,037
NT – $65,621
WA – $67,112
TAS – $65,856
ACT – $66,711

Calais VX 5.7

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais VX
Hi
I traded my 2013 redline and paid $21000 changeover for a brand new one in red hot with black roof auto...i think it's a great deal in Sydney
Can't wait to pick it up!!!
Cheers

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
Hey fellas. Am seriously considering having the W375 pack installed in my SSV pre-delivery. Just wondering if you guys think the driveline warranty for the Walkinshaw pack justifies the extra cost for the mods? Are there better tuning options for those mods being that the Walkinshaw tune may be a little reserved? I've had to go an A6 box to keep my lady happy and the Walkinshaw agent here in the ACT has said that the tune includes the box also getting a tweek so a little better response from the auto is important to me.

noboot

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline Sedan
Hey fellas. Am seriously considering having the W375 pack installed in my SSV pre-delivery. Just wondering if you guys think the driveline warranty for the Walkinshaw pack justifies the extra cost for the mods? Are there better tuning options for those mods being that the Walkinshaw tune may be a little reserved? I've had to go an A6 box to keep my lady happy and the Walkinshaw agent here in the ACT has said that the tune includes the box also getting a tweek so a little better response from the auto is important to me.

I have the Walkinshaw W310 on my 2013 auto Redline and have been very happy although I'd love to supercharge but seeing as I am also thinking of getting the series 2 before they stop production that may have to wait till then.

Other than Walkinshaw you have

Tekno Performance: Tekno PerformanceTekno PerformanceA Unique Custom ExperienceTekno

Streetfighter Performance: Streetfighter

Oztrack: Oztrack | Leaders in Tuning VT-VF HSV & Holden Commodores

And if you search this forum I'm sure you can find others. Just a matter of knowing what you want and how much you have to spend before deciding which one you want.

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
I have the Walkinshaw W310 on my 2013 auto Redline and have been very happy although I'd love to supercharge but seeing as I am also thinking of getting the series 2 before they stop production that may have to wait till then.

Other than Walkinshaw you have

Tekno Performance: Tekno PerformanceTekno PerformanceA Unique Custom ExperienceTekno

Streetfighter Performance: Streetfighter

Oztrack: Oztrack | Leaders in Tuning VT-VF HSV & Holden Commodores

And if you search this forum I'm sure you can find others. Just a matter of knowing what you want and how much you have to spend before deciding which one you want.

Thanks for the info noboot. Interesting is the similarity of packages yet difference in output claims. The W375 package on this VFII https://www.facebook.com/Gentech-Performance-535928176526969/?fref=nf is showing a RWKW of 269. That's no where near to 400kw flywheel claim of Tekno and possibly even slightly short of a 375kw goal for the Walkinshaw pack. I get that all dyno are different but is hard to choose a particular pack based on HP claims.

noboot

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline Sedan
I get that all dyno are different but is hard to choose a particular pack based on HP claims.

It's not all about straight horsepower claims and kilowatts. It's about how the power is delivered and who takes best advantage of that.

SARRAS

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 Commodore SSV Redline 6MT
It's not all about straight horsepower claims and kilowatts. It's about how the power is delivered and who takes best advantage of that.

Damn but that's the truth! I get the whole 6.2 'gotta have more' boy racer thing that's going on but for me personally the quieter, Q-Ship style experience of the series I VF Redline is perfect, especially for a car that is basically going to spend most of its life in Sydney traffic.