Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What deal did you get for your vf series 2????

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Ah, sorry, that screen! :)

The other dealer said to me that they have ordered many cars for the dealership. Is there any chance that my dealer could get one of their orders as it is not yet allocated to one of their customers?
Aye, if they're not all sold already. But if they're any good at negotiating, they should charge you more than you're already paying, as they'll know you're keen (I think that once I'd decided I was definitely getting a ~$65k car, if someone told me I could pay an extra $1k to get it in 2 weeks rather than 6, I'd struggle to not say "yes").

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
What a lot of people don't understand is that some dealers don't get along. So if you've order an SS Wagon for instance and the dealer you've signed up with doesn't have the car in stock or coming, they have to source it elsewhere. This can mean trying to get a car already in the pipeline from another dealer, which with short supply cars like Wagon's and Utes, becomes extremely hard work.

Some dealers are really reluctant to wholesale a car, because they get nothing out of it, but have had to pay interest on the car since the day it was built. This is why some dealers can supply a car quicker than others. Occasionally there's also cars available in plant stock, but over the past 12 months, Holden has progressively wound plant stock back to nothing, everything is build to order and some cars and colours are never built at all i.e. Regal Peacock, Some Like it Hot and Jungle Green. These colours have to be ordered by dealers alone.

Can confirm the Black Edition is coming, the codes are already in the system. It comes with everything you would think, due to the name, plus another couple of interior extras.... :) and I'll leave it at that.

rossymond

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS SPORTWAGON - ORDERED!
On that note the dealer owner rang me a few days ago and told me he had managed to grab what was supposed to be a nitrate wagon and change it to my slipstream choice before it was built otherwise we were looking at mid May. Not sure how much of that was true. That was when I got my first week of March date

Snicko1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais Wagon
they mention it in the flyers
Only Calais, Calais V & SSV Redline Get the colour screen

Went and looked at an ssv and redline today - 4 day sale they had a VF2 15 SSV Redline sedan in red with black from for 58K - Not much of a sale!

Snicko1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais Wagon
Timandhaley - help us all out and tell us the bottom price we should be paying for these cars!

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
There's no such thing as a bottom price. Every dealer operates independently and every purchase situation is different.

Some of the prices I see on here are downright unbelievable (very low) and others I know the dealer has had a win. All that matters is that you're happy overall with your deal. Remember every state has different amounts of stamp duty and registration, some people have trade-ins and some don't. It also makes a difference if you're financing or not as well. We make more out of finance commission than we do out of the car, the majority of the time. That's not to say you can't get a good finance deal from a dealer either, it's just a matter of negotiation (the rate you pay is set by the dealer, not the finance company).

Batca

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv sportwagon
The finance at the dealer we just bought my wife's car from wanted over $1100 application fee with St George! Penalties to pay out early etc etc. We regretted asking them what their product was immediately and canned the meeting. Went with our credit union again, can see how when people sign up to these they are a major cash cow for the dealer.

redvxr8clubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 & VE SS
they mention it in the flyers
Only Calais, Calais V & SSV Redline Get the colour screen

Went and looked at an ssv and redline today - 4 day sale they had a VF2 15 SSV Redline sedan in red with black from for 58K - Not much of a sale!

When I look at this thread and see Redlines seem to be just under about $60,000 or so. I recall maybe in about April 2013 going to a dealer with a work colleague who was looking at Clubsport at the time. On the show room floor was a SSV Z series (Redline equivalent at the time - VF was still some months away from release). I asked sales guy what the price was (I was thinking about $53,000) and straight away I was told they can do that for $49,000 (I don't remember if it was auto or manual car now). Less than three years down the track, a VF Redline looks to be about $10K more than those Z series SSV's were.