Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What deal did you get for your vf series 2????

SV6SIDI

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV REDLINE, FG XR6 TURBO
What is the wait time for a my17?. I just picked up my redline this week had to wait nearly 3 months .

bLackjackj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
What is the wait time for a my17?. I just picked up my redline this week had to wait nearly 3 months .

The MY17 hasn't been officially announced or released yet. It is usually up to 2 months for a standard Factory order, though it's not unusual to hear of 3 due to delays.

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
That price for the Redline Ute is basically RRP in NSW.

On top of that, what you're after no one can supply. There's not a single Redline Auto Ute in Prussian Steel in NSW, only 1 in VIC dealer stock and a WA pipeline car. Prussian Steel won't be available in 2017, it's being replaced with Son of a Gun Grey.

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
They actually look good in silver. And you can buy the Holden red caps.

Do you have a part number by any chance?

I went to my local Holden dealer today and asked to buy a set, I told the guy they came out on the Reserve SSV Redline edition, his response....what's that?
I then showed him a picture and he said he had never heard of them. He did look for them on the computer but could not find the Reserve Edition.

bradles024

Reaction score
Members Ride
BA XR8
My dealer had no idea what a Reserve Edition was either, my invoice is for a SSV Redline but with Reserve Edition written in the notes.

Strueth

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Monaro
That price for the Redline Ute is basically RRP in NSW.

On top of that, what you're after no one can supply. There's not a single Redline Auto Ute in Prussian Steel in NSW, only 1 in VIC dealer stock and a WA pipeline car. Prussian Steel won't be available in 2017, it's being replaced with Son of a Gun Grey.

Hi mate - thanks for your post I appreciate the feedback. How can they take a deposit then knowing they can't supply the product? And I can assure you they are ready to in exactly the config I had listed. They say they have 'blueprint builds' on their PCs that they haven't specified the colour or auto or manual yet to the factory so maybe that's how they justify it.

The build date on the quote is MY17 and I was told that's what would be on the plate on the car. There are very knowledgable people on here including those behind the scenes so I'd have the shits if I'm to wait till end of January (expected delivery date) only to be handed something other than I'd ordered even if it was just a slightly different colour by the dealer whilst he had his fingers crossed I would play the wood duck and just accept it rather than bung on a blue.

I had specifically mentioned the s of g grey and was advised the dealers hadn't been told that (I didn't specify my sources) and that they won't know till end of December so pull out the credit card!

doug05

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8Z Monaro & VF2 SSV Redline
Do you have a part number by any chance?

I went to my local Holden dealer today and asked to buy a set, I told the guy they came out on the Reserve SSV Redline edition, his response....what's that?
I then showed him a picture and he said he had never heard of them. He did look for them on the computer but could not find the Reserve Edition.

I had the same response from my local dealer as well. Part number for the red caps would be appreciated!

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Strueth, any chance you could ring your dealer quoting your VIN and ask for the red cap part number?
I pick up my Heron Redline next Thursday and the red caps would look tops.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
If you can get the part-number for the red centre-caps, you're done & dusted.
If you just try to describe EXACTLY what you want you're screwed, spent all of 2 elapsed minutes via email describing to a guy at the local Holden dealer a part I needed and he got it 100% correct for $110, went up to said dealer and they took 20+ minutes to find something that may or may not have been the right part for $180 (I didn't take a copy of the email with me). Went up there a week later with an iPad & the email, got exactly the part I wanted.
It's like you need to fluke the parts-person who isn't a dipshit, unless you have the part-number and then the semi-trained monkeys can (almost) cope.

Last edited: