Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What deal did you get for your vf series 2????

Marco_VESS

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF2 Redline M6
Yeah...my MY17 Redline order is bang on RRP. Demand exceeds supply and they know it!

Martyr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS
I was hoping there'd be a fair few MY16's that were in much less demand than the MY17 finale.

SuckSqueezeBangBlow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Heroin White VF2 SS Wagon
Yeah I was happy enough to get a MY16 for my usage and yearly mileage wouldn't make a difference.

John.R

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Just wondering with the higher price of the Redlines lately, and the lower price of the LS3 HSV, has it crossed anyones mind?

I was looking at the Redline 12 months ago when people where getting em for 55ish and I thought it was a good deal.

Now they're being bought for over $60k, when the LS3 HSV is listed for $65k..

IF I was ready to purchase right now, I know which one I'd be getting, and I'd be stretching the extra few grand for the clubby.

Or am I missing something?

ProjectHeron

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8 SV Black
Just wondering with the higher price of the Redlines lately, and the lower price of the LS3 HSV, has it crossed anyones mind?

I was looking at the Redline 12 months ago when people where getting em for 55ish and I thought it was a good deal.

IF I was ready to purchase right now, I know which one I'd be getting, and I'd be stretching the extra few grand for the clubby.

very good point but i think there are a lot of people thinking like you are - they are basically all gone in Vic...
a couple left but not many.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..

I think you have to take into consideration the fact that many people are already stretching to buy the last of the regular LS3's as it is.

Factor in higher insurance, marginally greater fuel usage and more expensive parts post-warranty for the HSV's and there's a lot more to it than just the initial purchase price.

Trofius

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline sportwagon
What are people paying for MY16 SSVR's recently?
I'm looking to buy and would rather pay 55k for a new one than the current prices I'm seeing on carsales.com.au (52k ex-demo or 48k with 10k km on the clock)

local yard has 3 redline sedans;
white manual $56990
jungle green manual $57990
white auto $59490

and that's on the webpage, so maybe a few $$ still in it

JRS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo

correct me if im wrong but the ls3 clubby misses out on the mechanical sound enhancer and bi-mod exhaust?

John.R

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
correct me if im wrong but the ls3 clubby misses out on the mechanical sound enhancer and bi-mod exhaust?
Nah it comes with both (The SV Black Edition anyway, the 65k one) and the extra 40kw or so.

Factor in higher insurance, marginally greater fuel usage and more expensive parts post-warranty for the HSV's and there's a lot more to it than just the initial purchase price.

Good point re: Insurance. Just having a look and for me the difference is $50-100 per annum, so negligible. Fuel use not too really concerned.

Parts post warranty is a good point though. Never thought of that.

Hmmm I might have go tyre kicking again. My local dealer has a Demo Redline advertised for $61 and a new Clubsport for $65. I wonder if there is much wiggle room on the clubby.

Last edited:

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
Nah it comes with both (The SV Black Edition anyway, the 65k one) and the extra 40kw or so.

Good point re: Insurance. Just having a look and for me the difference is $50-100 per annum, so neglible. Fuel use not too really concerned.

Parts post warranty is a good point though. Never thought of that.

Hmmm I might have go tyre kicking again. My local dealer has a Demo Redline advertised for $61 and a new Clubsport for $65. I wonder if there is much wiggle room on the clubby.

What about a brand spankers LSA clubby manual for $73k drive away..?

https://www.carsales.com.au/bncis/d...Vehicles-Clubsport-2016/OAG-AD-12773134/?Cr=0