Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What deal did you get for your vf series 2????

JRS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
I stand corrected! :) If that car is still there on the 19th and I'm unhappy with the Motorsport Edition content/pricing I may just buy it :)

I like the slipstream blue and at that price that's good. If I was looking for a manual I would offer 70-71K drive away and see what they say.

Martyr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS
I gotta say, and Commodore special edition would have to be pretty special to beat that LSA Clubsport at that price !
Surely there's a mistake. On the same dealership page there is another R8 LSA listed at $91,500 and an SV Black at $75,500

JRS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
I had my heart set on one of the last Redlines but with the uncertainty of their make up and availability I decided to pull the pin on an SV Black last August as that was exactly how I was going to set up the Redline (colour, options etc). Absolutely love it. Last time I looked there were still around 80-90 for sale.

Does the SV Black's exhaust have the crackle and pop like the redlines?

SuckSqueezeBangBlow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Heroin White VF2 SS Wagon
It's a fair question. I might be totally on my own here, but I actually prefer Redline to Clubby. Prefer overall look and the 30 odd extra kw don't bother me. From memory I paid $51,990 in October for a manual Redline (non prestige paint) with 20's and spoiler, and if I was offered a clubby for $60k at the time I still would have gone Redline. I really dislike clubby tail lights and overall body kit, like I said I'm probably on my own.

Nah, I'm with you on the "over the top" styling is the HSVs. They are still cool but I've always preferred understated styling.

Reg Rabbit

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV SV Black
Does the SV Black's exhaust have the crackle and pop like the redlines?

It has the crackle and pop on start up then idles with a deep burble (your neighbours know when you are going for a drive). It has the mechanical sound enhancer, the bi modal and the preference dial so you can choose to have a quiet(ish) ride or just stick it in sports or performance mode and hear the noise. If you give it a bootful the sound builds up nicely and if you back off you still get the crackle and pop. Having said that, in my opinion the Redlines have more crackle and pop but the HSV is definitely deeper in sound.

Marco_VESS

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF2 Redline M6
Just wondering with the higher price of the Redlines lately, and the lower price of the LS3 HSV, has it crossed anyones mind?

It crossed my mind, but I've not been a fan of HSV's styling (and to be honest, image) for some time now and I decided that I wanted one of the last Holdens, not a HSV from the second last year. A little extra straight line performance was neither here nor there.

Martyr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS
I'm also seeing quotes of $60,500 for MY17 SSVR Autos

Plonker

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SSV Redline Ute & 2016 SSV Redline Sedan
Just traded the wifes Craptiva in on a 2017 SS-V Redline. Got it for $60,500. Heron White, Auto with Black roof.