Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What deal did you get for your vf series 2????

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
I thought that was only for applicable vehicles. The only Commodore on offer is the SV6 Black.
The offers are always on everything (in very rare instances they have exceptions). Even when you see the offer only showing on SV6 Black Edition for instance, we can still do the same thing on all cars in the model line.

Jag150601

Reaction score
Members Ride
Rav4
Not sure if this has already been covered just wondering has gold card discount on ssvr changed form 2016 to 2017

Plonker

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SSV Redline Ute & 2016 SSV Redline Sedan
I thought that was only for applicable vehicles. The only Commodore on offer is the SV6 Black.

I can confirm that this includes SSV-Redline also.

Attachments

• 20170116_163643 (Medium).jpg
    20170116_163643 (Medium).jpg
    315.5 KB · Views: 202

tommy_z

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Director
You should try www.motorbuys.com.au to source the best price. It's actually free to use now - just ring them up after filling out the details and they will jump you through a couple of hoops to make sure you're serious.

Does anyone know if Motorbuys will include Demos plus other colour options? I did this exercise earlier today and got the call from them so all good. However I did go calling three large dealers in Sydney they all gave the answer that there are no Some like it hot Calais Vs left. Looks like I may have left my run too late sadly! Or is this fate telling me I buy a V8? :p

@timandhayley Really appreciate your advice on this; can you advise in regards to those Demo / ex GM vehicles how easily they can be found? Thanks!

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
Does anyone know if Motorbuys will include Demos plus other colour options? I did this exercise earlier today and got the call from them so all good. However I did go calling three large dealers in Sydney they all gave the answer that there are no Some like it hot Calais Vs left. Looks like I may have left my run too late sadly! Or is this fate telling me I buy a V8? :p

@timandhayley Really appreciate your advice on this; can you advise in regards to those Demo / ex GM vehicles how easily they can be found? Thanks!

Unless you absolutely have to have a V6 for whatever reason, strongly consider an eight. You won't ever look back and think 'I wish I bought the six instead'

The same can't be said the other way around.

Just my two bobs worth :)

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
Unless you absolutely have to have a V6 for whatever reason, strongly consider an eight. You won't ever look back and think 'I wish I bought the six instead'

The same can't be said the other way around.

Just my two bobs worth :)

And as a bonus, the V8 will make you new friends too. You'll be on first name terms with your petrol station attendant before you know it.

:)

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch

Holden has an auction once a week, every Thursday. It's just a matter of waiting for certain colours to come up. Some Like it Hot, Regal peacock, Jungle green are dealer order only colours, so it would need to have been a marketing department car, etc (they're allowed to order the bright/different colours). There's nothing available this week in that colour, they're all White, Silver and Prussian Steel. These are the colours regularly available at auction, because they're safe colours to re-sell.

tommy_z

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Director
Holden has an auction once a week, every Thursday. It's just a matter of waiting for certain colours to come up. Some Like it Hot, Regal peacock, Jungle green are dealer order only colours, so it would need to have been a marketing department car, etc (they're allowed to order the bright/different colours). There's nothing available this week in that colour, they're all White, Silver and Prussian Steel. These are the colours regularly available at auction, because they're safe colours to re-sell.

Thanks for explaining that. Does this mean I need to call up dealers each week to find if they have bought anything at this auction on the Thursday or will these be the ones appearing on Carsales from the dealer?

@chrisp and @tml678 Absolutely understand where you are both coming from. I guess the colour is at the end of the day most important for me and a MY16 V8 Calais would probably be close in price to a MY17 V6. I wonder if the V8 stock is as dire as the V6 in this colour?

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
Thanks for explaining that. Does this mean I need to call up dealers each week to find if they have bought anything at this auction on the Thursday or will these be the ones appearing on Carsales from the dealer?

@chrisp and @tml678 Absolutely understand where you are both coming from. I guess the colour is at the end of the day most important for me and a MY16 V8 Calais would probably be close in price to a MY17 V6. I wonder if the V8 stock is as dire as the V6 in this colour?

Does it have to be brand new? There's four or five demos/used on carsales with low kms at reasonable prices.

You could always buy a different colour one and get it resprayed by a good panel shop..

tommy_z

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Director
Does it have to be brand new? There's four or five demos/used on carsales with low kms at reasonable prices.

You could always buy a different colour one and get it resprayed by a good panel shop..

Definitely New or a Demo with very very low kms. Bought used twice before and both times had awful reliability. If the colour I want can't be obtained as a New or low km Demo then I'll go with next best (Son of a Gun is alright!). :)