Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What deal did you get for your vf series 2????

monty_vfssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV S2 Redline
I read somewhere that many of the remaining VFs are being registered and sold as demonstrators or being moved to the second hand yard.

I understand that the dealer gets some sort of discount or reimbursement for the cars that are listed as demonstrators or registered. Does anyone know what sort of discount to expect on a demonstrator or registered car that is still as-new and undriven?
Being that they are 2017 models and we are well into 2018, the only leg that the dealers have to stand on is the fact that these are the last of the rear drive v8 commodores. Some dealers will swear black and blue that there is absolutely no discount as they have a line up of people at the door wanting to buy the exact car your looking at. And some dealers will be a little more realistic and take into account that its a demo 2017. So really answer to your question is it comes down to the dealer and if there prepared to loose a sale over a few grand. I went to 8 different dealers and told them my max price im willing to pay and one eventually came to the table. The rest lost a sale all over $2000.

BigPilot

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Motorsport
New Motorsport, manual, red for 65k drive away. Before on roads $59k

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
New Motorsport, manual, red for 65k drive away. Before on roads $59k
That's about $2k cheaper than my DA price, after allowing for auto, prestige paint and big wing. Good buying. You will love it.

BigPilot

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Motorsport
thankyou. Pick it up this weekend. I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw it in the showroom. It was the same price as the non special redline auto so was a no brainer for me. Nice upgrade from a 2008 omega with 200,000 kms on the clock.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
thankyou. Pick it up this weekend. I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw it in the showroom. It was the same price as the non special redline auto so was a no brainer for me. Nice upgrade from a 2008 omega with 200,000 kms on the clock.
Some people paid more for their Redlines.

Rikster71

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
Will know in the morning but was originally looking at an ex GMH SSV Redline and was being offered a really good deal as it was. Dealer called me last night to ask if I wanted first option on all their current new stock that they were dropping to $59k DA. Dumb question I said, Have you got an Auto in Light My Fire Orange - "Yep" - Sold.

The best Part, having bought a few cars in the past, they really looked after me on both sides, in fact they were 5k higher on my trade (a Merc) than the 4 others I talked with, plus lowest price for car I wanted, win win. Hopefully finalise it all tomorrow.

BigPilot

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Motorsport
Will know in the morning but was originally looking at an ex GMH SSV Redline and was being offered a really good deal as it was. Dealer called me last night to ask if I wanted first option on all their current new stock that they were dropping to $59k DA. Dumb question I said, Have you got an Auto in Light My Fire Orange - "Yep" - Sold.

The best Part, having bought a few cars in the past, they really looked after me on both sides, in fact they were 5k higher on my trade (a Merc) than the 4 others I talked with, plus lowest price for car I wanted, win win. Hopefully finalise it all tomorrow.

How did you go with the new wheels?

Rikster71

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
How did you go with the new wheels?
All done, pick it up Tuesday night, Light my Fire Orange, Towbar and Tint for $59k DA, but real terms $54k because as I mention they were $5k over the other 3 on my trade because they will retail themselves. My changeover with them is $28k with everyone else on Samir car $38k. Could not be happier.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
All done, pick it up Tuesday night, Light my Fire Orange, Towbar and Tint for $59k DA, but real terms $54k because as I mention they were $5k over the other 3 on my trade because they will retail themselves. My changeover with them is $28k with everyone else on Samir car $38k. Could not be happier.
Good stuff mate. Enjoy it!