Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What did you do in the shed or garage today

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Have organised to buy this. I will pay for it this evening and collect it when I have someone with a ute that can pick it up for me, unless I can manage to get it on my ute without removing the tonneau. It has a damaged piston, so will need the power head removed and then I can assess whether it will be a viable repair or not. If the faulty cylinder needs bore then it really is game over. What I am hoping is that a hone, piston and new rings in all four pots will get it sorted. Bloke was after $400, I offered $100 which means worst case I sell the stainless prop for $100 and scrap or sell the rest for $50 in spare parts. Either way I have never torn down an outboard before so it will be something I can learn about. Just need to take photos of the tear down this time.

1705449795738.png

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
2010 Corolla in today for pads, rotors and fluid flush, and new gas struts for the rear hatch.

Reactions: Lex

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
Have organised to buy this. I will pay for it this evening and collect it when I have someone with a ute that can pick it up for me, unless I can manage to get it on my ute without removing the tonneau. It has a damaged piston, so will need the power head removed and then I can assess whether it will be a viable repair or not. If the faulty cylinder needs bore then it really is game over. What I am hoping is that a hone, piston and new rings in all four pots will get it sorted. Bloke was after $400, I offered $100 which means worst case I sell the stainless prop for $100 and scrap or sell the rest for $50 in spare parts. Either way I have never torn down an outboard before so it will be something I can learn about. Just need to take photos of the tear down this time.

View attachment 262953
why do you have a ute, if not for ute-ing activities?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
why do you have a ute, if not for ute-ing activities?
Carting gear from interstate. I can remove the cover but it takes three people and about 20mins off and on. I'd rather not if I can find help. Plus the ute could get scratched. I have thought about fitting the soft cover so it's easy to remove on my own but I really like the hard lid.

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
Carting gear from interstate. I can remove the cover but it takes three people and about 20mins off and on. I'd rather not if I can find help. Plus the ute could get scratched. I have thought about fitting the soft cover so it's easy to remove on my own but I really like the hard lid.

Hence the decline in the popularity of utes.

:cool:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I love the ute and being able to carry gear is awesome and for a trip to Bunnings or Mitre 10 it's perfect. I just hate pulling off the cover and getting it back on again for such a short drive. I've used it to cart gear I'm selling so it's been used as a ute. I'm also a bit precious about not marking it.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
thought they were a unlock and lift up to open nice and easy ?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
thought they were a unlock and lift up to open nice and easy ?
It tilts but I reckon I need the cover off to safely use a chain block to lift it in and out. Then I need to hold the tonneau up so it doesn't hit the motor and crack.