Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what did you do to your car today?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Did an oil change while I had the car up.
IMG_5981.jpeg

Was quite happy with how the oil is looking after 7000.

Also good to see Penrite putting the service stickers back on their oil containers.

5W-40 back in.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
This is the set you have a thread on gtr set?
Yeap.

CAS and crank seal replaced. Charging up my tablet to clear any remaining codes. Then I'll take it for a spin tomorrow.

Took a few beers getting the seal out without damaging the seat. They should add 3 tabs that over hang the seat for easy removal.

Reactions: Lex

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Well today I polished the windscreen again. IPA. (Which evaporated before reaching the cloth) Ceramic coated (which flashed off in seconds). Then Rainex. Then Maguiars Yellow Wax.

I have removed the wiper arms. No longer needed.

Ceramic coated the rest of the car. Third layer on bonnet and roof. They look amazing.
Then waxed the whole car. It bonded so well in the incinerator like heat. No sun. Heavy tropical cloud made for perfect light and conditions.

Bonnet has two coats of wax. Roof has three coats.

All glass is ceramic coated and waxed. It all looks brand new. Headlights are ceramic coated and three coats of wax.

Bumper has two coats of wax over three coats of ceramic.

I did look under the car pretty hard when it was up on stands yesterday. I’m seriously considering giving the under carriage a detail. I did the back half when I redid the fuel tank.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
I did look under the car pretty hard when it was up on stands yesterday. I’m seriously considering giving the under carriage a detail. I did the back half when I redid the fuel tank.
You've been checking @VFSV6FORME work on his vehicles.

Maybe you should take Ted Bullpits (Kingswood Country) advice & shampoo the towbar? ;) :) :cool:

Last edited:

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
The new rotors and pads for the VX finally arrived today so I swapped them out this afternoon

The old rear rotors took alot of persuasion with WD-40 and hitting with my big rubber dead blow hammer to get off, the front were easy as the belting, and swearing, took place a month ago when I replaced the the front hub bearing assemblies

Just need some good weather so I can go for a cruise to slowly bed them all in

Fitting the new master cylinder has been put on the back burner for the moment, there's nothing wrong with the current one really, it was going to be a "while we're in there" job, but as the rear line flange nut is seized, I'm not going to attempt it until I get a new line in case it shears off, which, I'm not in a rush to do at the moment

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
You've been checking @VFSV6FORME work on his vehicles.

Maybe you should take Ted Bullpits (Kingswood Country) advice & shampoo the towbar? ;) :) :cool:
I've even got a Shine of the Stainless steel exhaust pipes on the WN Caprice. Last week I got a feather duster and clean all the dust on the Exhaust Pipes and the chassis. I hate dust, I completely re-move dust in my Satellite room, Could you imagine doing this on 9 Monitors and one LARGE 85 inch Telle.
What I do is get a new (Every time) very, very soft Pledge Grab it Duster and fit it in the Extendable holder then I do the Sony 85 Inch screen first (DONT SCRATCH IT) then the WN Caprice V Top Paint, then (Monaro has it own one) go inside and do the TV room the 9 monitors then the Cabinets then all the AMPS and plenty of Decoders and other equipment in the room + the Coffee Table that now has over 25 remotes + a keyboard then the Speakers and Subs in the Room and after this I go to the Computer room and clean the 4 Computers, monitors, printers.
I takes me roughly 3 hour to do this and try to do this once a week.
This Week I was busy testing all new equipment I have in the Computer room Getting ready for WAR In China Test between Computer room and Satellite Room with the Dish far farm Tested two dishes Polarity/Skew on the LNB's to see they are Spot on and Whilst I was doing this I was back the tv room and computer room testing china conversion from Chinese to English and Found the China is rubbishing our politicians and said that our Defense Minister is the worst Ever that Australia ever had (Richard Marles) and the gossip in China via CCCP that the AUKUS Deal will NEVER ever happen because Australia is all talk and the Country does not have to save face with all the lies that Australian Politions does.
It was a Very Interesting Video but need more work on the Conversion side of things as the time lapse and delaying the video is the problem I have ATM. (Remember I have to @#!#%$%^&& to get it PS Video is ok as long as you can put up with English lingo is two second late.) Yes More work needed. and in between this I trying to EDUCATE the GIRLS (JUST ABOUT IMPOSSIBLE) in our house how the OFF GRID POWER SUPPLY WORKS AND WHAT TO LOOK FOR ON POOR RAINLY DAYS that rain more than 2 days if i'm not home or DEAD.

HAD TO DO THIS SO THEY CAN LEARN FFS. The Average battery Voltage. Start turning OFF big power usage appliances if the Voltage get to 11.50Volts. DONT GO LOWER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(OCD is Kicking in.)Notice the LCD Panel is EXACTLY IN THE MIDDLE of the door ++++ Between the panel to the timber architraves

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Back on Topic!! What did I do on our Cars..... NOTING NEED A REST.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well today I polished the windscreen again. IPA. (Which evaporated before reaching the cloth) Ceramic coated (which flashed off in seconds). Then Rainex. Then Maguiars Yellow Wax.

I have removed the wiper arms. No longer needed.

Ceramic coated the rest of the car. Third layer on bonnet and roof. They look amazing.
Then waxed the whole car. It bonded so well in the incinerator like heat. No sun. Heavy tropical cloud made for perfect light and conditions.

Bonnet has two coats of wax. Roof has three coats.

All glass is ceramic coated and waxed. It all looks brand new. Headlights are ceramic coated and three coats of wax.

Bumper has two coats of wax over three coats of ceramic.

You sounding like me. Did not thing about removing the Windscreen Washers on the GTS Monaro as the last time I ever used them was around 1975 - 76 date.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Not mine, but.....

Just went for a spin in a mint 2009 BMW Z4 M manual convertible, I can see the appeal, classic sports car, looks great, minimalist interior, and 250kw is heaps of power for a car weighing 1300kg, and it sounds lovely reving all the way to 8k rpm, the gearbag feel shifting was so precise it was insane

Just like a classic MX5, but with balls the size of coconuts

A young guy at work just picked it up for $50k, with only 64k km on it, we took it for a quick thrash and I was super impressed with how it went

And weirdly, no check engine lights came on, well....not in the 15 minutes we were laying into it

If it wasn't my fear of all things Euro IRT electrical faults, oil leaks and all other documented issues surrounding all things Euro, I would definitely own one

Note to self, Mark, NO....... NO, KEEP OFF CAR SALES YOU IDIOT

Last edited: