Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what did you do to your car today?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I took the ute to work today and tightened the crank bolt to 235ft lbs with the big torque wrench.

Also realised the crank balancer was wobbling excessively due to the bigger cam not loving idling at the stock rpm of 650-700 or thereabouts and everything shaking about. Pick up the revs a few hundred or so and the balancer wobble smooths out and goes away. Feel a lot better now haha.

You might need a better balancer from Powerbond. What car engine combo is this? And what balancer are you running now.

Jeda

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V
Those high spots got sorted?
On the passenger side of the bonnet?

1000001386.jpg

rossimo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s2 wagon
You might need a better balancer from Powerbond. What car engine combo is this? And what balancer are you running now.
Vf2 ls3, vcm16 cam, difilippo 1 7/8 headers and twin 3inch system, vcm otr, stock ls3 balancer with 17k kms from new.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Cleaned the MAF (CRC MAF) and Throttle body (CRC Throttle body) on the MX5

Both needed a good clean, I assume they have never been cleaned

Car seems to idle better, runs the same wringing it's neck, and no codes, so.... no damage done...LOL

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Cleaned the MAF (CRC MAF) and Throttle body (CRC Throttle body) on the MX5

Both needed a good clean, I assume they have never been cleaned

Car seems to idle better, runs the same wringing it's neck, and no codes, so.... no damage done...LOL
Was listening to a podcast with Ben Collins who said the MX5 was one of the great driving cars. For the cost and enjoyable experience, it’s hard to beat.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Got 4l60e conversion part in vk about 80% done...not as clean or neat as hoped BUT really want it off jackstands so can muck around with wiring or back end of car instead of laying under it again.

Will finish of auto stuff later date need to have good rethink how it can be improved or finished but starting to think tbar shifter or selector somehow got damaged/twisted *shrugs*

Jeda

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V
Yep. That was them.
You would want to go and do some staring at that bonnet a bit. It’s bloody beautiful.

It is nice. Can't wait to see it in person when it's finished.

Picked up a set of wheels today that I'll use until I get my senators restored in silver.

1000001395.jpg