Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what did you do to your car today?

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
There is a newish wreckers Cormack Road Wingfield, Hanson Road end.....Seen a few earlier model Commdores...ie VN through to VS....Might be worth checking out...;)

I did spot a VB/VC Commodore in there, that I've got to check out
I have seen the odd VP advertised at other yards. But whoever runs the online ads does not understand what I’m after ‍♀️

M#ick2183

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt wagon, vt hsv xu8,vs hsv senator,vs ss ute
Changed the rocker cover gaskets on the xu8 left side was dripping on extractors, had to get a new set of a/f Allen keys,been awhile since I used a/f didn't think I'd need them on a 99 model car. I should have changed them to metric but no bolt shops open on a sunday.cross one job off add at least two more to the list!!Next I think I'll do mufflers and steering rack needs new boots but I already have a recon rack here I haven't used yet so I'd say I'm putting that in also when I find time.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
Got the new tyres fitted and all aligned.
Next step, getting a good once over service next month then need to be driving it more.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Got the new tyres fitted and all aligned.
Next step, getting a good once over service next month then need to be driving it more.

Remind me what car and what tyres you chose? I need to order two tyres and am undecided on what to get. I'm limited on brands as My Car no longer stock Bridgestone.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
needed to take the wheels off the Senator to get new tyres (since it has no radiator - see other thread for that saga) and they are stuck on the hubs. Hoist is full of burnout cars. I give up.
FML lately.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
needed to take the wheels off the Senator to get new tyres (since it has no radiator - see other thread for that saga) and they are stuck on the hubs. Hoist is full of burnout cars. I give up.
FML lately.
I'm sorry, but your misery is most of our dreams.

Hoist, burnout cars and senator ;)

Chin up living the dream

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
Remind me what car and what tyres you chose? I need to order two tyres and am undecided on what to get. I'm limited on brands as My Car no longer stock Bridgestone.
VZ HSV Sedan.
Ended up with Kumho PS71's in the 245/35R19 sizing.

Was told the old Falkens that came off it were rock solid due to their age so only good if you wanted to do burnouts.
Although it wasnt a big drive home and it was on some damp roads it did feel better so far. Probably one of the very few times they will see a wet road other than the driveway after a wash.
Really stoked the TPMS devices still all work and didnt get damaged.
And as much as something like a Pilot Sport 4 would have been better, honestly I doubt they would ever be used properly to its full potential, so a few dollars in the pocket was ideal

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Unplugged the life support that the Monaro has been on for the last 6 weeks o_O and drove into the city to go 'smallish' SUV shopping for offspring.

Found out current 'small' ain't what I call 'small', anymore.............
Hyundai have demos that they not allowed to sell, don't know when they could get whatever if she ordered.
Toyota much the same, with huge backlog and no idea of delivery dates.
Kia and Subaru deliveries are for customers who ordered cars back when.
Mazda seem to be the only brand that have stock and unallocated deliveries.
Ford, Mitsi, Nissan, Euro and Chinese brands are not on the list.

A lot of hardly used cars for sale at more than usual new price.
Customer practise seems to be order what you can afford, wait for delivery, then trade it for more than you initially paid for it.
Surprisingly, sales people were quite upfront about the situation, made no apologies or promises, it is what it is.
No one asked if the Monaro as a potential trade-in, and I am pleased that I am not shopping for myself, as the choices available do not make my heart race in anticipation.

Reactions: Lex

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
What's wrong with a Mitsi? We have owned the 2015 Outlander from 12 months old and no issues at all. Only thing it has had is rear brake pads and servicing. Still on original coolant. That's on the list to be booked in, sometime before Christmas.