Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what did you do to your car today?

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
got an exhaust tip put on because part that was on there wasnt as straight/centred as i wanted.
looks bloody shiny now

while there found out parts i was supplied for full exhaust were semi wrong.
why the hell when you specify its for a bloody UTE do people give items for a SEDAN!

list of things found wrong:
Connecting pipes to cat are for Sedan. however they said they only make 1 kind and can be modified (thats reply from comapny who sells them)
which then made the cat right back about halfway down the car instead of really close up to front.
and the part after the cat to the diff is for a SEDAN while the part that goes over the Diff to end is for a UTE. please explain?

so either put up with it. as it shouldnt effect much.
or get shop to modify it to the correct shapes and lengths and potentially put on a slightly better flowing very quiet centre muffler at the same time.

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Does yest count for what i did to my car. Would update my ride in the garage but they 'approving' it. hmm

Anyhoos

Fixed left side speakers on car.
Originally when got car only rear right would work. Checked wiring behind headunit and was mangled and left speakers were not even wired up so fixed that up.
Then i had the whole right side working but left side no. Occasionally the left front worked so knew something was up.

Took off door trim last night (easier then i thought) and front left speaker was absolutely mangled, replaced with a old Ford speaker which even the wiring connectors fit. Virtually same speaker. Sweet.
Took off rear left, speaker damaged as well and not even plugged in because terminal on speaker broken.

Previous owner really did a dodgy job.

And lucky I had a spare charged battery, kinda drained the one in the car listening to radio and working on it at same time.

Today though, ordered some Gold VHT Caliper paint. Only coming from Cairns but hey dun care where.

One on left is Front Left and on the right is the Rear left
speaker1.jpg

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
drove the vx to site of final long run before canberra marathon; 34.53K in 2:53:42, or 5:01.8/km....fantastic run, actually on the half-marathon split (@21.1km) I actually set a pb......

this afternoon used supercheap auto gift certificate I got for my birthday today to buy oils and filters for VB and VX, for their services are coming up shortly. will do them after easter, though, when I have more time.

mattytess

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp berlina
Took my engine out of my old ute. So much easier when there is half a car missing.
31b08f60-6db0-d578.jpg

Bezzey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 99' Series II
Installed black altezza headlights with the angel eyes. Also pulled off the steering wheel airbag to see if I need to get the new style clock spring with the extra connectors for isntalling the steering wheel controls I bought - that's a yes.

Low06VZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 WK HSV Grange #120
Cursed and swore at the bloke in the shiny Nissan navara, that thought taking corners wide was fun. Pushed me off the road. End result, 1 rim dented, 1 new tyre destroyed..... Not happy

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
finished the battery relocation and wiring relocation on my ute.
no more wiring going across the front of the motor or along the lh side of the engine bay, only down the LH side near the injectors and back along the firewall :)

drewVHSS

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
stores.ebay.com.au
Members Ride
'83 VH SS, '79 Green VB SL '92 S2 VQ Caprice
Washed the VH and put a car cover over her
Finished the Parcel shelf, Looked nice and neat untill i bolted the speaker pods onto it... Next one I'll be looking to mount speakers from under if i can find shallow enough speakers that sound good enough.
6" splits in pod's either side and a pair of 7x10's in pods in the centre.
Realised i had an air leak in the sub box, LHS sub sounds much better as a result of fixing the leak. Although the RHS sub's voice coil is on it's way out....
Had heaps of left over black carpet from doing the parcel shelf so i re-trimmed the LHS front passenger kick panel.