Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what did you do to your car today?

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
drove it.... and its going to get another drive tomorrow.. that will be about 4x this year now.. sweet

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
Broke spark plug No.5, Then i was mucking around with something, Turned the car over with a spark plug lead off with nowhere to earth itself out. That fried the DFI module and made some amazing backfires when the engine tried to start. So i put my spare one in and it started :)

So I then had to earth the plug lead out somewhere, I put half a spark plug in it and cable tied the lead to the plenum so the spark had somewhere to go. I then unplugged the injector number 5 and drove to Repco for a new plug. Sweet as now.

But on a positive note, i figured out why my car is running so ruff where its cold. ITS RUNNING LEAN I TELLS YA!! Idling for 5 minutes while cold are i listened to the injectors with a screw driver, shut the motor off and inspected the plugs. The electrode is a white as my ass cheeks :D.

Fuel filter is pretty new so it has to be pump or fuel reg. Im not convinced its the reg though because the idle changes when I pull the hose off ( and not because of a vaccy leak, I covered that **** with my pinkie.) Could a faulty coolant temp sensor give me these troubles?

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
Fitted my new throttle cable since I broke my other one (Bloody thing broke on the threaded part), I guess it was the original and was pretty brittle lol.

Tim Smtih

Sexy Man
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Members Ride
just buy a v8 lol
Very pleasing results!

Looks very tidy, good work! I had to reset the BCM as it's throwing up some stupid random codes. Gotta go and get it checked by a mechanic, hopefully i won't have to fork out a handful of cash to replace it.

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Went to see the parents near Port Macquarie from Sydney. Filled up along the way and was impressed with the economy for a V8

3aa82b06-513a-dc54.jpg

Sent from my HTC ARIA using Tapatalk II.II.IV

sxi ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr ss
Yay just checked the mail and my new memcal from greenfoam has arrived I know what I'm doing soon

Beav

Reaction score
Members Ride
93 vr commodore
Checked oil and other fluids. Gf wanted me to check her jeep so I did and noticed her battery has acid on the terminals and leaking near the cells. I told her its stuffed but she said if it starts the car she will keep it. I told her it will die or go bang you leave you on side of road

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
Ruined a uni, found a wheel nut missing, scratched the boot, changed the driveshafts and almost stuffed the bolts.
What a wonderful day...