Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what did you do to your car today?

ncass11

Reaction score
Members Ride
'81 Diesel Hilux / '75 Landrover series 3
Took the Lux'y to the local car show, won the Encouragement Award!:yeah:, not much but stoked as it was her first car show and she won a trophy. awsome day, also getting her featured in the Survivor car Australia magazine in the readers car section:w00t:.

people seem to love her, you don't see many around

10565156_667974143293214_623626779298756301_n.jpg

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
This weekend the VB went to NSW All Holden Day. My club didn't turn up due to broken down cars etc, so I went alone and displayed in the general area. I wound up parked next to another original, red, base model VB with sun visor, albeit his was flamenco red....his motor was in better shape but my body and paint were better. Neither of us won anything though....

It was probably the terrible music you had playing all day :p

oh and:

Last edited:

JustynJules

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2 Calais
Love this forum! I've found so much helpful info.
Oil & filters changed, diff oil changed, new shockies & springs on the back, changed air filter, checked auto oil.
Loving my new project car :spot on:

morphix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ SV6 5-Speed Auto
Ordered new coil packs.. hope it fixes the issues.. otherwise its $360 for nothing...

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
Had issues with the MPS, would hesitate and stutter on boost, with power delivery not smooth at all.

Checked hoses, all appeared to be tight. Changed servos and tried various 95 and 98 fuels with no difference.

Pulled the plugs after spending 20 minutes swearing at the tmic, and they looked like this:

20140822_164951_zpsab3ae31b.jpg

I know this car on a stock tune runs rich but damn these plugs were black. Ran down to Repco and got reamed $29 each for oem NGK Iridiums, stuck them in, stretched the coil springs a little and it seems to have cured all the issues.

Also threw back in a JBR rear engine mount I had sitting in the shed and its totally transformed the car. Originally took it out because the vibrations from it were unbearable but I must have torqued the bolts in the wrong order because now its only slightly noticeable. Torque steer has just about disappeared. Before this car would try and kill you by steering into the nearest object when you planted it, but now it just grips and steers straight. Its the way it should have been from the factory. Smoothed out gear changes immensely as well. Only downside is the extra NVH in the cabin but its ok, not too vibey.

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
Filled her up with 98 and put a new K&N air filter in the OTR.
She's happy now........I know, she told me.

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
Changed the rear wheel studs.

QldKev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina - GENIII
Painted the sons car, looked pretty decent until the stupid cat jumped on it.

Pete_car2_zps484e0b5a.jpg

btw it looks orange until the paint dries, then it will be red.