Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what did you do to your car today?

MrBags

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z SERIES
fxaIHbB.jpeg

SuyTAoQ.jpeg
Very nice. I do like those, wonder what they would look like on mine? No, not another set of rims. Nope. Not yet anyway.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Fitted the rear DBA rotors and pads to the rear of the Honda, also drained out the master and flushed with new fluid, easy peasy

BUT THEN, removed the front caliper, removed the old rotor and installed the new one, and went to install the pads, BUT, apparently they changed the calipers around 2013, mine is 2009, Supercheap said the ones I got of them are fine, BUT, they are NOT FINE, they are different

I then looked at the DBA website and found the P/N I actually need

So back on went the old rotor and pads, I'll return the pads tomorrow and then wait for the correct ones to arrive

Apparently the Honda Accord Euro CU2 went through 3 different brake designs, the first lot had a big brake kit, 320mm front and 300mm rear rotors with larger calipers, the 2nd had smaller rear discs and a different handbrake drum assembly but the same calipers, and then the 3rd, 2013 and later, had either the larger, or smaller front and rear calipers and discs

The only way to tell really between models is to pull the brakes apart and measure, not real handy when your ordering parts online, and Supercheap says "fits your vehicle"

What a PITA

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
So that's the second time they were wrong and parts sent back?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Fitted the rear DBA rotors and pads to the rear of the Honda, also drained out the master and flushed with new fluid, easy peasy

BUT THEN, removed the front caliper, removed the old rotor and installed the new one, and went to install the pads, BUT, apparently they changed the calipers around 2013, mine is 2009, Supercheap said the ones I got of them are fine, BUT, they are NOT FINE, they are different

I then looked at the DBA website and found the P/N I actually need

So back on went the old rotor and pads, I'll return the pads tomorrow and then wait for the correct ones to arrive

Apparently the Honda Accord Euro CU2 went through 3 different brake designs, the first lot had a big brake kit, 320mm front and 300mm rear rotors with larger calipers, the 2nd had smaller rear discs and a different handbrake drum assembly but the same calipers, and then the 3rd, 2013 and later, had either the larger, or smaller front and rear calipers and discs

The only way to tell really between models is to pull the brakes apart and measure, not real handy when your ordering parts online, and Supercheap says "fits your vehicle"

What a PITA

Yeah found the same thing with the 2015 Outlander. Same year, same model yet some got different front rotors and pads. Only sure way is go with VIN or you have to get specs off old pads and rotors. Sent ours to the garage and wrong parts were ordered by me. The most common ones were not the ones we needed. I was able to get parts store to cross reference rotors as they had two listings on rego number. Mech got me the right part number after some phone calls so sent wrong pads back to SB and bought the ones that fit about about three different cars not 15 like the ones I ordered. The rears are basically all the same.

Another time I used rego number to order trans service kit from SCA. Of course says it fits. Mech drains oil and fits filter. Then goes to use gasket, it's different and won't fit. Same model, same year and some got a slightly different auto trans.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Went to Supercheap and swapped out the pads that didn't fit and ordered new ones that do

They were very apologetic about it all, the pads I needed were $130 on their site, but the guy looked around and found some on special somewhere for cheaper so he refunded the $130 charged and charged me the cheaper price which ended up saving me a tad over $55, which is nice

They need to be ordered though, but, there is heaps of stock in Sydney, I'm hoping they turn up tomorrow so I can finalise all the initial maintenance that I had planned for the Honda, tomorrow arvo

I'll be glad when the Honda only requires general maintenance and servicing

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Went to Supercheap and swapped out the pads that didn't fit and ordered new ones that do

They were very apologetic about it all, the pads I needed were $130 on their site, but the guy looked around and found some on special somewhere for cheaper so he refunded the $130 charged and charged me the cheaper price which ended up saving me a tad over $55, which is nice

They need to be ordered though, but, there is heaps of stock in Sydney, I'm hoping they turn up tomorrow so I can finalise all the initial maintenance that I had planned for the Honda, tomorrow arvo

I'll be glad when the Honda only requires general maintenance and servicing
Hopefully 3rd time lucky? :cool:

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Hopefully 3rd time lucky? :cool:
I just gave the Honda a good wash today to appease it after pulling it apart again to offer up new front brake rotors and pads, only to put it back together with its same old crappy rotors and pads

I see it as offering up a treat to someone, only to snatch it away again

The Honda did have alot of bird 5hit on it from yesterday though from parking under the shade of a tree, that always triggers me to wash a car pretty much straight away anyway

But never fear my OCD car washing needs, I'm taking it to Goulburn on the Sunday where it will get covered in bugs and dirt, so it will get another wash soon after that

Sometimes I think one of the main reasons I own vehicles is the joy, and therapy, I get from cleaning them

Who needs therapy or anti-depressants when you have vehicles to clean and play with

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
I replaced the rear shockers on the wagon today.

Tried cleaning the windscreen. Used Windex last week. Didn't do nothing.
Used Isopropyl alcohol today. Seems a little better. I'll know better, next time l take it out?

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
IMG_7763.jpeg

EBay key fob replacement for the Ranger after the runaway dog-key snapping incident.

Had to return and have another sent after seller sent the wrong one. And looks like the key head part on the old key is broken so can’t switch that part over. So was going to be a key cut next.

Now that I have done all the swapping over, it doesn’t ‘flick’ out of the fob part.

So looks like my attempt to be a tight ass has backfired and I will be buying a genuine one now