Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what did you do to your car today?

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I am inside procrastinating now. I still have windows and door jams to clean.

I remember why I don’t do so many judged shows. It’s not just annoying mouthy wankers, it’s the hours of cleaning :D

But how good is it when it's all done.

Spent 4 hours on Wednesday helping the young bloke go over the interior of his Honda.

While it was in pretty good condition for an 11+ year old car, it was a bit grotty.

4 hours later it looked, felt and smelled fantastic.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I am inside procrastinating now. I still have windows and door jams to clean.

I remember why I don’t do so many judged shows. It’s not just annoying mouthy wankers, it’s the hours of cleaning :D

Make a sign up....Like it or lump it.... :)

Saves hours of work

Reactions: Lex

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Looked at it under it's cover, having thoughts about selling it and getting something I can throw around the track

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Further to above, some pics of the end result.....

XALuPhQ.jpeg

ownhsZY.jpeg

UWuGs8m.jpeg

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Reactions: Lex

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Nope, car

I went for a spin in a new BRZ TS, thing handled great out the box, and I do miss my old 2017 limited edition Toyota 86

My old 86, it was a fun car, especially after fitting a little turbo to it
20180902_171812.jpg.0151a66b557334de5efa374906701f90.jpg

The Commodore was really only a stop gap for a while, until I got carried away with it, don't get me wrong, I love cruising in the SS, but I don't have room for any more cars, so something has to move to free up garage space if I want a track toy again

I still need to think things through about price, I'm thinking around a fairly realistic $30k (ish) to start, the car basically has had most stuff replaced with new quality items, a Harrop interchilled blower, a built trans, new tailshaft, new half shafts, new drive shafts, new hubs, Harrop Trutrak, aftermarket traction control and all new brakes, people are asking around that for clean stock "ish" examples

Mine is really clean, and does 0-100kph in 3.9 seconds on street tyres

I also have all the receipts and original engine parts to go back to NA if anyone wanted to do that

Meh, no rush, as a new BRZ TS in the colour and add ons I want will take about 6 months to arrive

I might spend the next week building a add and see how I feel once it is all formatted up

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Nah, I meant you could buy a bike for the track. Bike racing is awesome fun. Expensive but so much fun, leaning over with only a few inches between you and the tar. Being a swinger on an outfit is also great fun. When you are leaning right out and your helmet is about 2-3" from the ground it's pretty exciting.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Nah, I meant you could buy a bike for the track. Bike racing is awesome fun. Expensive but so much fun, leaning over with only a few inches between you and the tar. Being a swinger on an outfit is also great fun. When you are leaning right out and your helmet is about 2-3" from the ground it's pretty exciting.
Yet at the track, I was talking to the ambulance guys and they said they love watching the supercarts as they aren’t needed but are often busy when the bikes are out :p

Bikes awesome fun, yes, but they can be much more painful if you come off :oops:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yet at the track, I was talking to the ambulance guys and they said they love watching the supercarts as they aren’t needed but are often busy when the bikes are out :p

Bikes awesome fun, yes, but they can be much more painful if you come off :oops:
I raced for years, only seen a few accidents and none were serious. But yeah always the potential. Still there's something about racing a bike that's so good that you soon forget the dangers once you're out there tearing around.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Use to ride sports bikes, then arthritis kicked in, then got a Harley and didn't enjoy it, I'm looking for a new cool little sporty car that has all the bells and whistles for cruising as well as being able to happy lap with minimal modifications (read: oil cooler)

And for under $55k a new BRZ TS, with all the track mods required for happy lap reliability, it ticks all the boxes

download (1).png