Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What did you do to your VR/VS today?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
View attachment 220608

This ^^^^^^^. Was raining today and I must have hit a slippery patch on a corner. Only going 90kph or less, probably 80kph. But ute did a 180 ended up in a bank on the other side of the road. I thought for sure I had smashed the side but looks like all the major damage is in the front. Fairly extensive front damage though. Reinforcing bumper is bent I'd say, as plastic bumper cover is cocking out on one side. Can't see any damage to rad or condenser. I think it would have been a different story had I not had the bullbar.

Fook....Firstly I hope you are ok...

2ndly...The damage doesn't look overly bad, but the bumperbar can hide other issues....Fingers crossed it isn't too bad and they repair it soon...

Lastly, the letters of your number plate sum up the accident...Fook Sake.... :)

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
There is the potential for bent chassis rails. I can't tell unless I was over the pit. But it ripped the bullbar clean off. At a minimum the stock reinforcing bar is bent, along with the visible damage. I forgot to add my HIDs to the policy, the globes and ballasts are trashed. So I dare say I'm up for a HID kit out of my own pocket. Bullbar was added to policy, so at least it's covered. Could have been far worse, 20 - 30 semis drive this highway everyday. Had one been oncoming they would have hit me for sure. Other thing that took me by surprise was hitting the bank and no dents in the side. Just a notchy passenger door catch. Bonnet never got damaged, yet the badge got pretty much ripped off, go figure? Bet had I already painted it, I would have dented it though.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Ute goes in for PDR on the tailgate tomorrow. I want the 2 - 3 tiny dings fixed, prior to having it assessed in case they reduce my agreed value based on unrepaired damage. Hopefully I get it back early arvo, that way I can get it assessed tomorrow.
My guess is $2.5k -$3k damage, providing I haven't bent the chassis rails.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Ute goes in for PDR on the tailgate tomorrow. I want the 2 - 3 tiny dings fixed, prior to having it assessed in case they reduce my agreed value based on unrepaired damage. Hopefully I get it back early arvo, that way I can get it assessed tomorrow.
I wouldn’t be spending money on it until your panel beater has looked at it. He should be the first to assess if it’s reparable or a write-off.

Your agreed value is just that and what’s/who’s to say the tailgate wasn’t dinged by stones or such as the car was playing ballerina :rolleyes: (sort of like when stones bounce off a trailer and smash a rear window, embankments can also do odd things):eek:

Buy spending money on repairs, you may be adding to your loss :eek:

Last edited:

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
(copied from a comment on another thread with my reply)

But then I prang my ute. Wish I was driving the work car, then I wouldn't be out of pocket over 600 bucks.
Just don’t offer the fact you were using your private car for work purposes to your insurance company. Doing such may cause issues depending on your policy and insurer. Simply consider it s private issue and move on.

In future, if you have work related task that require driving somewhere, and you have access to a work vehicle, use the work vehicle and not your private car.

PS: real shame about the damage which I hope isn’t too bad behind the bar. The positive is that you are uninjured and around to be pisses off. Could have ended very different if you went sideways into a tree.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY

The policy won't increase if you had it arrow straight, so being reduced for a couple of small dents I doubt will happen

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
It's in now so it won't matter anyway. Hoping I can get the ute into the assessor today.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Looks like alloy nudge bar snapped off.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I wouldn’t be spending money on it until your panel beater has looked at it. He should be the first to assess if it’s reparable or a write-off.

Your agreed value is just that and what’s/who’s to say the tailgate wasn’t dinged by stones or such as the car was playing ballerina :rolleyes: (sort of like when stones bounce off a trailer and smash a rear window, embankments can also do odd things):eek:

Buy spending money on repairs, you may be adding to your loss :eek:
Just seen this. Doubt it will be write off as agreed is $7,500, with a $495 excess. If I was still with NRMA it would have been write off as they only agreed to $3200, with $400 excess. If it is a write off I might see if I can buy it back and buy another, keeping mine as spares.