Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What did you do to your VR/VS today?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Just seen this. Doubt it will be write off as agreed is $7,500, with a $495 excess. If I was still with NRMA it would have been write off as they only agreed to $3200, with $400 excess. If it is a write off I might see if I can buy it back and buy another, keeping mine as spares.

We don't need it to be written off...It'd mean your thread will be closed :)

I have been thinking about the issue with your passengers door...Having the latch a little notchy after the accident makes it seem like the cab/chassis might be slightly twisted...I certainly hope it's not, but something to think about

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Having the latch a little notchy after the accident makes it seem like the cab/chassis might be slightly twisted...
Yeah, I thought the same and it’s something I’d be mentioning to the assessor.

Yes, it seems counter intuitive to potentially increase repair costs when one wants to avoid a write off but i‘d want everything repaired correctly and not be chasing little accident related problems after the fact...

But lets hope it’s all repairable and under the 75% of the agreed $75000 value as that’s likely the write off break point :rolleyes:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Crash shop indicated that it should not be a write off. I told him about the notchy door and he said adjustment should sort it. It looks like the front end has been shunted to the right. I noticed tonight the bonnet has a dent so I'd say it will need a repair and possible repaint. It was not driving great tonight, I think the wheels are not straight, either that or camber or castor is way out.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Hope your sick car gets better and doesn’t need intensive car :rolleyes::p

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Chassis rails are bent, which means lower rad support panel needs to come off.

Grimes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Series II Ute
Today, I instructed an L Plater in my VS. Guess what I learnt?

Clutch smoke smells like LPG.

Grimes

Reaction score
Members Ride
Chassis rails are bent, which means lower rad support panel needs to come off.
Sorry to hear. If it’s just the rad panel it’ll be fairly straight forward to sort out. There’s nothing worse than copping a clip from a roo or piece of embankment.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Sorry to hear. If it’s just the rad panel it’ll be fairly straight forward to sort out. There’s nothing worse than copping a clip from a roo or piece of embankment.
Hit a roo a while back and the loop bullbar prevented any major damage, just a small crack in the old bar cover. Same yesterday, had I not had a bar it would have been a flatbed, and a whole heap more damage, and quite likely a write off.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
What I don't get was just how easily it did the 180. I have driven in the wet plenty of times and on the speed limit, on different roads and never had tyres let go. It was like there was diesel on the road, I wasn't accelerating nothing, just cruising round the corner and ended up nosing into the bank pretty hard and facing the opposite way to which I was heading.
There was no warning, no twitching, nothing, just an almost elegant slide that ended badly.

Grimes

Reaction score
Members Ride
If it’s been dry for a while fresh rain will lift oils from the tar and drips from vehicles to the surface and there can be localised patches of slick surface until it washes away. The town I live in has a lot of roundabouts which need to be treated with respect after fresh rainfall. It doesn’t take much when mixed with water to create a hazard. I’ve always found empty VP/VR/VS utes are twitchier in this respect than the same model sedans. I’m assuming the suspension and rear axle load combination is designed for a couple of hundred kilograms of ‘passengers’ in the back.