Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What did you do to your VR/VS today?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
scrubbed under the Senator so I can note all of the leaks and repairs needed, would be easier to find a spot that isint leaking.

Removed radiator for repair, its in worse shape than I thought :|
taking it to radiator repairs tomorrow, hope they can salvage it.

I got a brand new Kotoya Radiator for my VC through Holden Hill Radiators...Set me back $300 ish 12 months ago....I priced other places up and they were up over the $600 mark, which I had a mini heart attack with.

So something worth keeping in the back of your mind :)

grey_hawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V6 Ute, VS V6 snotbox
Pulled codes from the snotbox Grrrr....!!

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
I got a brand new Kotoya Radiator for my VC through Holden Hill Radiators...Set me back $300 ish 12 months ago....I priced other places up and they were up over the $600 mark, which I had a mini heart attack with.

So something worth keeping in the back of your mind :)
I am heading to HHR in the morning. This was a nos radiator when I changed it years ago and I’m the idiot who listened to the wrong person years ago and switched out green coolant for 10/10ths and I would say that’s what’s caused the electrolysis that’s killed this rad.
I’ve never had an issue like this before.

I hope it hasn’t done even more damage to the rest of the system

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
dropped radiator off, its well past gone. Complete rebuild required. $795 for the rebuild vs $715 for a similar (not the same) new replacement unit.

the replacement filler neck is not in the same location, so true to my need to be a complete w***er when it comes to this car, I am paying the extra $80 to have mine completely rebuilt so I keep the original filler neck.

Last edited:

VR Hermitage Uterus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Utility V8 S2
dropped radiator off, its well past gone. Complete rebuild required. $785 for the rebuild vs $715 for a similar (not the same) new replacement unit.

the replacement filler neck is not in the same location, so true to my need to be a complete w***er when it comes to this car, I am paying the extra $80 to have mine completely rebuilt so I keep the original filler neck.
Haha I would do the same. Really not that much more money when you think about the total price.