Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What did you do to your VR/VS today?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Nothing absolutely nothing....... This is the longest period i have had not to fix something on the ute.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Pump up a tyre as suspect mongrel builder working next door let the tyre down....

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Pump up a tyre as suspect mongrel builder working next door let the tyre down....
would that builder happen to be Guy Sebastian?:p

bevzan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute
installed most of the profire ecu wiring, left injectors and coils for sparky to sort tomorrow
lots and lots of crimping to go, hopefully have it fired up by the weekend (still waiting on some lpg bits)

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Guy Sebastian?

Topped up fuel tank($65) then carted tray full of parts etc out to the country....ute was a boss!

Brakes suck with all that extra weight though haha

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
managed to replace the heater core without pulling the whole dash out, woot! Changed heater tap as well

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Guy Sebastian?
Guy Sebastian has been getting heaps of complaints for this new house he is building. It made the news the other week.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Washed the maloo this arvo, way over due, . It also started and ran without an issue, (again).
This of course is always good, but specifically it means the problems I've had with it lately appear to have been solved by replacing the TPS and IAC valve earlier in the week.
Hopefully I get a good reliable run now and 2017 was I want to break down year and 2018 will be the I want to treat my owner to a stress/ trouble free year of great motoring.
At least I'm still positive and hopefull, maybe just a bit delusional

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Surprising how many problems are solved by replacing a $40 tps......

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Yeah, although I'm guessing from my line of events it wasn't just the tps , it had thrown fault code 28 a couple of times and then it started stalling as soon as you put it into gear but only when cold , if you had the luck and patience to go through that 4 or so times it ran perfectly alright.
I started out by taking throttle body off and cleaning it all, not that it was very dirty.
I got the tps from repco but paid a small fortune for an iac valve from Holden rather than ebay special but it took a few days to arrive .
Not sure if I got unlucky but cold start issue didn't stop until after I changed the iac valve, and then not the first time but it's been 4 cold starts now so fingers crossed