Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What did you do to your VR/VS today?

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
Around my parts (low socioeconomic area) the sound of a holden V6's with a ebay brought, back yard fitted catback sports exhaust on full song...(known as the P plater mating song) has pretty much killed it for me :)....To be fair it a personal thing, I havnt heard many good holden V6, why holden couldnt have made it sound like the jag or lotus v6 hell even a nice camed straight 6 sounds better :)

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
Changed the drivers window regulator on the ute, oh what a fun job when your on blood thinner tablets, cuts and blood everywhere lol
After i finished i noticed the window track that holds glass has had it and needs replacing as well.
Got to pick up another tomorrow and do it all over again :(

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Phil, you don't have to remove the mech to replace the bailey channel. It can sometimes be a benefit to have it working as you can use the mech to pull the channel down as you feed it in, it also helps in removing the old channel..

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Around my parts (low socioeconomic area) the sound of a holden V6's with a ebay brought, back yard fitted catback sports exhaust on full song...(known as the P plater mating song) has pretty much killed it for me :)....To be fair it a personal thing, I havnt heard many good holden V6, why holden couldnt have made it sound like the jag or lotus v6 hell even a nice camed straight 6 sounds better :)

Mine sounds fine and I have a Redback 2.5". I have a resonator though and headers if I had a straight through tail pipe I suspect it would eventually become droney as it was before I fitted the new system. I'm almost keen to try it without a resonator just to see how it would sound now with the headers as I fitted the Pacies after I fitted the new cat back.

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
Phil, you don't have to remove the mech to replace the bailey channel. It can sometimes be a benefit to have it working as you can use the mech to pull the channel down as you feed it in, it also helps in removing the old channel..

No, the channel that has silicon on to glass at bottom of window where the guides go.

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
View attachment 201746
Got the VF Wheels fitted today and a wheel alignment
Blue VS Ute.jpg

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Bought and fitted a all weather double power point in the carport, an extension lead, a battery/ trickle charger ( bolted to a post) , fitted the bolt on leads to the battery,so just need to plug in to charge.
At least a flat battery will not be one of it's issues in it's new role as less used.
Spliced in a fitting in the top radiator hose to take an aftermarket temp gauge, ( one small step closer to an accurate temp reading).

CCCMikey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS '95. LPG. 513,000KM
LOL my old Bluebird and Kingswood are kept topped up with old Panasonic Cordless Phone plugpacks. 12V 300mA sits around 13.5V.

Dirtyv6

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute 3.8 V6
Aluminium Inlet manifold gaskets from Mace in, old ones were just trashed, cracked, scummy and horrible. did find that removing the plenum made it easier to get all the manifold off and torque everything back down.

Whilst doing them, cleaned up manifold and the plenum, plenum gasket got done, found one of the breather (?) Lines were cracked and old, replaced that and just did a general clean up.

Ute runs happier than ever before, as it's now got a basically new cooling system in it- new radiator, thermostat, water pump, tensioner o-rings, manifold gaskets. Just about the only thing that hasn't been replaced are the hoses, and there's a Gates kit I've got my eye on from EBay.

But most importantly, I fitted my Mace sticker!

Attachments

• 20181027_082649.jpg
    20181027_082649.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 231
  • 20181027_082703.jpg
    20181027_082703.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 220
  • 10_27_18_08_37_23_10_27_18_08_21_21_20181027_082031.jpg
    10_27_18_08_37_23_10_27_18_08_21_21_20181027_082031.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 146

StephenM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Equippe Series II
Last Wednesday, new pads all round, new rear discs. Flushed fluid. Didn't strip the caliper, because I work on the principle"If it ain't F#@ked, dont fix it!". Lubricated teh caaliper sliders. The outside LHS rear had worn to metal. Wifey couldn't hear it over the music! Caliper pins were stuck. Seems to have a bit better fuel consumption, not having to drag a pad. Today did O2 sensors.Drivers side was rich. Was getting random Engine light, but no error code. See how fule goes on a trip to Atherton (160k return) tomorrow. Replaced drivers side door lock. Had been putting it off because I thought the rods to the locking mechanism had to come off. They don't. Wind up window, slide the clip on the handle to teh front and carefully jiggle out the bottom of the handle. Unhook the rod. I had a spare door and practiced on it. Took an hour at my output.