Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What did you do to your VR/VS today?

Discussion in 'VR - VS Holden Commodore (1993 - 1997)' started by losh1971, Jun 19, 2017.

1. vc commodore

vc commodore Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    vc commodore

Yeah, I could take it to small claims court....Can you give me his address, so I can get the court papers sent to him....You see he moved since the deal went down.

Yeah chalk it upto a dodgy seller and move on...Yeah I could but I hate being ripped off and I've put it out there, so if anyone knows where this rip off merchant lives, they can let me know and I can take appropriate action....

Attacking him? I am answering him exactly how he deserves to be spoken to....It's plain he is asking dumb questions, so he gets the appropriate response

2. keith reed

keith reed Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
    A teacher who lived next door to us wrote in my sisters scrap book,advice is often given seldom taken notice of and if you have any sense you will do neither.
    I live my life like that. I seldom take notice of advice and never give it. I will however tell you what happened to me with my Ute. It was supposed to be an SS, in fact it was a 6 cylinder with a v8 installed in it. It has been a great Ute but the love is not there. I took him at his word that it was an SS.
    I took him to court and lost because even though he had committed a fraud I should have not relied on his word. He claimed in court that he thought it was an SS even though he worked as a mechanic. The judge believed him. Judges might know a lot about law but unlikely to know anything about cars and in particular the cars that we drive.
    I wrote to his boss prior to the court case and asked for his help. I thought he had ignored me but it turned out that he sacked him. He was sacked for theft as a servant but this might have contributed to his dismissal. He believes this was the sole reason, I hope he continues to think this.

woteva and VS_Pete like this.
  3. vc commodore

Members Ride:
    vc commodore

Advise may seldom be listened to, but someone may see what has happened to me, know the person and his residence and pass information on....Surprisingly, that's quite often how people and or goods are found and then that person avoided

And the people that take that advise you gave are generally the ones that end up being the next victim....

Court systems...Yes, I have been through small claims court with a car....Yes I won, because I was able to prove the case I was suing for...And that's how the system works...proof, proof and more proof....However in this instance, to use the system, you first need an address for paper work to be sent to....

VS_Pete likes this.
  4. losh1971

losh1971 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VR Ute V6
    Made a start on the water pump and tensioner replacement tonight. I got the tensioner off but I might have damaged the oring inside the heater pipe as I noticed a small pool of coolant underneath it, too hard to say if it was already there or not. Things like this that make me wish I just booked it in. Also losing a small amount of PS fluid so I might not have enough in the resi by the morning. Plenty of supplies at home in the shed but hard to think of everything you may need when you grab gear to do the job closer to Town. Might have to pay a small fortune and buy gear from Tru Value. Although the heater pipe requires trip to town to buy a $1 oring. Either way it may not be going this weekend now as hoped.
    20200522_202758_resized (002).jpg

5. losh1971

Members Ride:
    VR Ute V6
    Does anyone know what they call the heater pipe seal/flat edge o'ring that goes into the timing cover on the Buick? I'm trying to see if Repco has one but I don't know what it's called.

6. Vin999

Vin999 Active Member

Members Ride:
    Vsedan
    @immortality, Is there any way as the moderator you can stop this continuing false posting information by VC and his ranting on with excuses and fabrications to others....its gone beyond a normal joke. :)

There is no issue about anything involving me, I don’t know him or ever met him or had any dealings in real life and haven’t had any pm’s sent by him to me....
    Once I pm’d him for some info on his car brake conversion way back when I joined up, that’s it. Nor have I had any dealings/transaction bullsheet with him online in any other forum except replying to posts on this forum......

2 options here are correct @ Either he has got the the wrong person genuinely and won’t stop his rant OR he is making up a huge story/lie, it’s either one or the other. To me he is absofuckinglutely fabricating lies... On his side he could be genuinely telling the truth about his past issues BUT is pushing the barrel it’s me for some stupid reason.... who knows why people would really do this in a public forum, its a waste of time and distorting reality :)

7. vc commodore

Members Ride:
    vc commodore

Sure is....Meet your obligations.....

8. losh1971

Members Ride:
    VR Ute V6
    Just fitted the new Gates water pump. I was tossing up between old SH Japanese GMB or new Chinese Gates. I had no way of testing the SH pump, especially since PO used water only. I am hoping I have tracked down the heater pipe seal/flat o'ring. I sent the wife to Bursons so hopefully they give her the right one. Hopefully I get it back together this arvo. Might still not be going as I think I might have a warped thermo housing as it has a green tinge all the way around the gasket, even though I used sealant on it as well.

I will have to decide whether I keep it off the road for another week and get a new housing, or just leave it until head upgrade, which might not even happen until next year. It will depend on if I decide I'm ready to spend the coin.

I kinda rather just start collecting parts and then it's not big cost all in one hit, easier to hide it on the bank statement if it's 10 small purchases over 12 months......:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Skylarking likes this.
  9. vc commodore

Members Ride:
    vc commodore
    If you have a slight warp in the thermostat housing, you maybe able to use a flat metal file to flatten it....

The gasket sealant...Is that a silicone style or the brush on style? If it's the brush on style, perhaps try the silicone as it is a thicker style of sealant and may just take up that gap

10. losh1971

Members Ride:
    VR Ute V6
    Orange RTV. I have a spare that might be in better cond. But like my file its not close by...... I just priced one up at Repco, wholl, $130 which can't tell if it's the right one, the other one listed is $214. Either way I won't get one from there.....

11. vs-lover

vs-lover Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
    Never use straight silicone in a vehicle, only ever use the RTV type if you absolutely have to. As far as that O ring is concerned I hope they give her a Viton seal and not just a normal black unit. Viton is identified by it's Orange colour and if you buy one through a Holden dealer you'll only ever be given that type along with a huge invoice to boot. They are available on eBay for around $20 odd dollars which is insane to me, but at a Holden Dealer they're around the same costing. Anyone would thing they were gold impregnated.

Just a point of interest Losh, why don't you post all this in your own Build Thread instead of this general thread, that way you've got a permanent record of everything you do to your bus ?

Just a thought.

VS_Pete and losh1971 like this.
  12. gtrboyy

gtrboyy Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    vt ss & lc gtr
    Got claim number & insurance details after sending quote to 'at fault' party.

Find out next week if insurance will actually pay to fix ute or if they'll write it off.

losh1971 and Lex like this.
  13. vs-lover

Members Ride:
    I'm pretty sure under insurance conditions and payment structures you'll find that they'll write it off, but you could choose the option of a "Buy Back" and an amount of cash as a settlement. If the vehicle has a lot of desirable gear fitted I'd choose the Buy Back and you'll end up in front in the long run, but it all depends on your circumstances and available space to store a wreck at home for some time. Also if your missus will tolerate a wreck sitting around for a while is another major sticking point.

Just out of interest a good photo of the damage would be good on here, just for a few of us to assess and maybe give some advice.

losh1971 likes this.
  14. Trevor loves holden.

Trevor loves holden. Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    vs commodore
    Don't know if you will listen but i think your referring to this, 92061300 Genuine Holden New Water Bypass Connector & Seal.
    As for the thermostat housing just use Loctite 5932.

15. losh1971

Members Ride:
    VR Ute V6
    Nope I'm not referring to the bypass adapter. I have already replaced those years ago with brass ones, which are far better than OEM.

16. losh1971

Members Ride:
    VR Ute V6
    The pipe seal I am referring to is the steel one in the photo near the plastic cap. Does anyone have a name for it. I might slip into Town on the bus tomorrow if I can find the part on the Repco site. No use calling them because they are not the best parts blokes around hence why the garages nearly all use Burson. Burson should have known and I'm surprised they supplied me with the wrong part. Not like I called it a bypass adapter seal.....

17. woteva

woteva NEED 4 SPEED

Members Ride:
    VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
    I know it is a straight steel pipe with a bracket attached. On the VS ecotec V6 it is called heater inlet pipe or heater inlet water pipe but completely different to the previous V6 engine.

18. losh1971

Members Ride:
    VR Ute V6
    Yep that's the one. I can not find a listing for the pipe or the seal that goes on the pipe. So close to get the ute running and a stupid seal is holding me up.

19. vs-lover

Members Ride:
    Yes they are on eBay everywhere for the Ecojet but not the Buick sadly. Not quite sure why though as they are pretty much the same thing but just a different size.

20. losh1971

Members Ride:
    VR Ute V6
    Is the Eco one larger? I now wonder if he sold me an Eco one. As for the wife picking it up I probably still would have got the wrong one anyway. It came in a pack so there was no measuring going on.