Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What did you pay for your Service?

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
Well you guys are all lucky you don't drive European cars..

On my mums MG, a basic service costs $480.. It includes an oil change (Mobil 1, Full synthetic) and a full safety check..

Talk about thieving bastards. They're also the only people with the diagnostic equipment for a lot of luxury cars..

And dealers suck balls. The only thing good about them are the guarantees they offer..

X

xcapee

just had my 1 year 20,000km service for VZ SS and it cost me $248 at local holden dealer ... just the basic service (oil change)

K

khalid

omg

u guys do realise magnatec costs 32 bucks for 5 litres and the oil filters bout 6 ,

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
khalid said:
u guys do realise magnatec costs 32 bucks for 5 litres and the oil filters bout 6 ,

How much is a New Car Warranty worth to you?

V

VZSV6

$225.00 and that will be the last time at holden, usless mechanics.. they said they replaced my air filter but i have a vz growler kit in the car, they said they oiled door hinges and stuff, never did that either, i asked them not to wash the car, but they did it with sratching the paint, they checked belts and so on. oil was under needed, needed another litre. they scratched my painted engine covers, but they said they never did it, im sick of these apprentices working on my car, the only reason i took it because it was the 30k sercice which means changing a few things, but from now on just take it to my own mechanic.. sorry about my rant, just upset

SLugg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS 6.2 T6060 Sting Red Trutrac harrop 500hp
i always supply my own oil and filter and any other parts required
so Its just a labour thing. You can buy oil in bulk and get it cheaper same with oil filters then fill a contaner and give them the filter save heaps

ssute57l

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII SS UTE
Yeah and you hope and pray that the apprentice don't take your oil for there dato and fill yours with crap, i change my oil and filter after i get it back from holden, basically pay to have the book stamped and eng oil flushed, ready for quality oil.!!
Not say all dealers do this, but i have heard of stories when they take your K&N out and replace it with a standard filter (oh we done what was req by the book), Who ends up with your K&N, Check the staff car park.

MaN|aC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 4.2 S/C
For my car I just do the service myself, if I cbf doing it I take my car to a friend who owns (Complete Automotive Repairs) across the road where I work

ssute57l

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII SS UTE
When the dealers give you the BS extended warranty and force you to maintain service at the dearler, when it comes time to claim, it is a prob as most probs are around the driveline,
Don't let them fool you into beleving that a coolant temp sensor for example is not part of the engine, know someone they tried to charge about $600 for an idle air control valve for a barina, they tried to wriggle out of the repair untill they were forced to change it.