Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What do you think is wrong with the world?

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
remembers times when life was simpler and we treated each other with respect and humility. We didn't have all the modern gadgets and we didn't need them. Life really was simpler. I feel a bit sorry for those of you who never got to experience those times.

Agree with everything you said, especially this part.

We played outside from sun up to sun down, even in the snow. My family never owned a TV until I was 13, all I had in my room was games and books, lots of books. If I couldn't go outside for whatever reason, I read for hours and hours.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
r having to call in a electrician to change a light bulb in the work place .

There are tyre suppliers that have do exactly that.....they have to call an electrician, and then that electrician must go onto an order picker, with a licenced operator and a safety harness to change the light bulb.

Sounds too unreal to be true, but it is

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
This is in reality very sad that people need to look at things in a racist way all the time. I grew up being called wog on a daily basis, did it every offend me no! For Christ sakes it's a 3 letter word and what I am. I still let others call me a wog and I don't care, if I was another race I more than likely share the same view. Words cannot hurt you but you can make them hurt you yourself. Don't get me wrong on this I'm not for racism and I'm strongly against judging someone or treating them differently because of their race but don't jump on the racist bandwagon for every little thing.

Regarding your neighbour finding the statue offensive, ask them if they would still feel that way if you were black.

Funny thing is, I have aboriginals that live around the corner to me and have commented how they love it....If anything that would be the race I'd tend to think would be offended.

As for the "offended neighbour" 2 words #### him...He's a whinger that no body in the street likes

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Agree with everything you said, especially this part.

We played outside from sun up to sun down, even in the snow. My family never owned a TV until I was 13, all I had in my room was games and books, lots of books. If I couldn't go outside for whatever reason, I read for hours and hours.

Clair

I lived on the northern beaches of Sydney from 1952 until I married in 1980. Behind our house was a school ground, and beyond that was the Manly War Memorial Park - hundreds of acres of bushland and the old Manly Dam water storage. A bloody wonderful place to live as a kid. We spent the whole day walking through the bush, wandering for miles and never seeing a soul. We were in our early teens. Mum would ask if we'd be home for lunch and I'd tell her not to worry - we'd have something when we got home. There was never any fear that we would fall foul of deviates or get injured climbing over rocks and up trees. We'd find old cars that had been dumped and see if we could roll them over and over down the hillside until we found a "cliff" (maybe 20 feet or so drop) to push them over. Other times, we'd ride for miles on our pushbikes exploring areas that were too far from home to walk to. Very simple activities but we never tired of them and they contributed to keeping us fit.

R

Risky

Clair

I lived on the northern beaches of Sydney from 1952 until I married in 1980. Behind our house was a school ground, and beyond that was the Manly War Memorial Park - hundreds of acres of bushland and the old Manly Dam water storage. A bloody wonderful place to live as a kid. We spent the whole day walking through the bush, wandering for miles and never seeing a soul. We were in our early teens. Mum would ask if we'd be home for lunch and I'd tell her not to worry - we'd have something when we got home. There was never any fear that we would fall foul of deviates or get injured climbing over rocks and up trees. We'd find old cars that had been dumped and see if we could roll them over and over down the hillside until we found a "cliff" (maybe 20 feet or so drop) to push them over. Other times, we'd ride for miles on our pushbikes exploring areas that were too far from home to walk to. Very simple activities but we never tired of them and they contributed to keeping us fit.

Where I grew up we were always at the beach whether it was fishing, surfing or snorkeling. We'd run amok through the rifle range (even when they were firing), go on the golf courses to steal golf balls & sell them back to the golfers. During the colder periods we'd ride our pushbikes through the Holden plant at Pagewood & watch them build Kingswoods, Monaros & Commodores. We never got hassled by security. It was a sad day when they closed that plant. We also rode all over the place whether it was the airport or over to the Leyland plant at Zetland watching them build cars there until that plant closed. There was always something to do, somewhere to go & we were never bored. My parents when they punished me sent me to my room. They'd come in hours later to see if I was fine, but I'd been reading books all that time. I agree, simple times but the best fun.

supercharged-ride

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6 Alloytec190
yes because there isn't a queue of more idiots waiting to replace the previous idiots!

You know what they say, if you make something idiot proof the world will just generate a bigger and better idiot.

BTW some of the biggest twits are the old boys who say, nah herp derp I don't need no WHS, we had that - two old boys decided that safety guards just got in the way of their out of spec grinder disc and you know glasses are just as good as safety goggles - this story did not have a happy ending.... The company was super happy because one of them wasn't even site WHS trained, not that this really matters - unless you want to point the finger and say "not my fault"!

Oh the one who didn't take out half his face, still does pretty much the same things he always has - lesson learned? Nope.

Sorry to hear you have old idiots on your work site but i have to tell you age is not the problem, there are idiots across the board I have seen more young idiots than old.
Don't get me wrong i know the older worker type you are saying about.
My question is, what is the answer then??
The more hoops that get put into place also makes Australia expensive to export many things, all the overkill put into place means the boss has to cover the costs, induction days for example say 7 workers go onto a site (One day induction) that's one person's productivity gone for a week, buyer ends up paying.
I know some things need to be covered but god i have seen stupid questions in these inductions as well like walking up staircases the problems that can occur like tripping and how to solve this, "watch where your going" that was the answer "DER" (and there was a hour around this type of subject and that's only the staircase)

The more idiots allowed to stay in high danger jobs the more chocked the worksafe system becomes to cater for them, so Please there has to be a answer?

Actually hear is a good question,"what is the most important thing in ANY buisness?"

Last edited:

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Good Staff..................

VZSSHawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Ute & VF SSV Redline II
Wanna know what's wrong with the world today? Too many Beibers and not enough Zeppelins.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Good Staff..................

Very true , but only takes one or two to ruin a good environment , and let's not forget a crew needs effective leadership too , if you don't have that you're screwed .

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Very true , but only takes one or two to ruin a good environment , and let's not forget a crew needs effective leadership too , if you don't have that you're screwed .

Yes everybody from top to bottom