Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what is the loudest v6 exhaust?

andrews0604

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 01" V6
thanks for all that info boys, very helpful.
im set on what headers i want, and there pacemakers as most people seem to prefer..
ive just been looking around and seeing all these bolt on exhausts like lukey and redback and all this stuff. are they any good?
or would i be better off going to the shop and getting a better brand like hurricane fitted or something?
just heard the redback and lukeys arnt really that loud or good of a sound.

as for taking the exhaust and headers off. i want it to sound like a car.. not an american chopper or something lol

GenFree

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX L67 S
All those brands will be good,just make sure you get a 100/200cpsi highflow metal-core cat or bash the factory one(shhh).

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
did that once, regretted it, it made the exhaust fews stink real bad lol

not only that but it makes the whole exhaust sound really hollow and tinny

I did that then went to a 100 cell high flow cat and it felt alot more torquey and responsive (plus it sounded 10 times better)

In my opinion V6's can sound good (despite what some say), but be prepared to spend alot to get it the way you want (its taken me around 6 months and alot of money/experimentation to get mine sounding the way I wanted) (and trust me I have tried everything, straight pipes, dumping from headers, catless, catbacks, mufflers, resonators etc etc)

Last edited:

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
I'd be listening to Not_An_Abba_Fan.. sometimes its much cheaper to ask an expert, even if it means spending some some extra bucks, and not have to do it again later.

My own opinion is to keep the system simple and free flowing, and have it made of stainless for some resonance. I think you may be better sticking with note rather than volume too.. you dont want LOUD you want SWEET. Loud just gets you defected.

don0xer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Calais 3.8L Supercharged
i think this section needs a sticky on 'what exhaust for my vt/vx v6???' coz people obviously dont know where the search button is...

GTP 85

291 hp @ the wheels
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY04 WRX, VS SSenator & VS V6 track weapon
Heres a loud one. Pacies, full twin 2.5 with 100 cell cats, hotdogs in the middle, dual inlet/ outlet ressy. Still a bit mangy, but its about the best sound i can get out of it! and ive tried about 5 different combos!

excuse the stallage lol. it was a lazy shift into 3rd. fail town