Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What is "the" older Commmodore model to lust after for you?

boogs86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK calais
id have a 5.0L VK calais in red with the silver trims lowered with some hot rims. just love 'em.

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
vk calais with the works

Pretender

Brain function fading .
Reaction score
Members Ride
Pajero LWB Wagon, Power/economy what's that ???
I do know this, really

vee ka said:
again, as above, no blue VC. VB & VC were also not called SS's and Brock never did a VB in his line up, started with the VC. If you look at a VC Brock it doesnt have any reference to SS or have SS on it, they were just a Brock HDT Commodore so if anyone thought that a VB or VC was a genuine "SS" then they deserved to buy it!! :)
i can understand SS stickers on VH's, VK's, and to some extent VL's etc but not the VC's!! :)

sorry, i got a little off topic there ! :yeah:

I do know all this, sorry I was referring to the fools who used to buy the stickers and stick them on everything and claim it as an SS. :yeah:
Brock Commodores could be had with an auto but not the VH SS.
Of note my particular SS was fitted with an auto by the next owner after me.

The VH SS, not the HDT SS cars, were built from the base model Commodore and were lighter.
Group two and three cars also had those stupid wind splitters and all HDT cars were available with the 308 as an option.
A white Group 3 (VH) is extremely rare as most were red.

I would still like a VH SS in white(just getting back on track)

Bec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6L Wagon
VC Brock because I used to have a crappy VC and loved it to bits. They are beautiful real cars

either that or a VK director

vee ka

Reaction score
Members Ride
'85 HDT VK SS, '03 Liberty GT, '06 Forester XT
Pretender said:
I do know all this, sorry I was referring to the fools who used to buy the stickers and stick them on everything and claim it as an SS. :yeah:

all good mate :thumbsup: i know what you mean :) i hate when people put the stickers on and claim it as real!! it really sh1ts me! :)

also on topic again!! as i said above, id go for any old school Brockodore, love em to bits and im keeping mine till im old a senile and unable to drive it and then i mite think of selling it or giving to a son/daughter or grandchild... maybe!! :)

Last edited:

nizmovk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK wagon
I've got it...just keep improving it...my favorite one would be the VK GRP A, and apparently they made a yellow one..?

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
Countess said:
did they come in cardinal?? I thought they came in 'Permanent Red' which it similar to Maranello ?

For Me toss up between VK Blue Meanie, VL Walky, & the VN AERO ;)

D.

this is a bad pic but yeah

Last edited:

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
i wouldnt mind a nicely worked WB ute

add in a couple of creature comforts and its got a nice road presence

malscar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZSv6
Pretender said:
Does anybody recall CDT (Country Dealer Team) vehicles. They used the same colours as used for the Brock cars but with different striping.
CDT also produced a Gemini that could get from 0 - 100 in around 10 seconds. Sounds slow until you consider the standard Gemini took 14+ seconds.

Hmm. A mate has a Red Grp 3 Brockie. Was around today actually. Nice.

However Pretender, the CDC Commodore 3(?) series was my first thought. They did make more than Brockie colours though. And they made both the Commodores and Geminis in 3 different specs, the higher the number the higher the modification. The Gemini 3 series had a turbo if I remember correctly. I seriously looked at a CDC Commodore in about '84. Mid green colour with gold mags and pin striping. Very nice and then stupidly talked myself out of it.:bang: That one would be my choice.