Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What!!!!! No dvd player for the 2015 VF.

Bhp Steel

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
holden
According to the 2015 Holden Catalogue there is no DVD Player which was integrated with the Sat.Nav. on the 2013/2014 models....only a single CD Player.
My 2013 SV6 has both the DVD Player and the Single CD Player.

I wonder what over little bits and pieces they have excluded from the 2015 line up?....You will probably never know....generally when an upgraded model is brought out it generally has enhancements not available on the previous model....I am not referring to engines, brakes etc.....just the little things that are not obvious.....:confused:

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
I mentioned this in an earlier thread... They have dropped the DVD functionality from the Mylink system which used to be paired up with the Navigation option. It was also dropped from the Cruze when they went from MY13 to MY14.

E85 was also dropped from MY15 VF/WN, along with the entire Caprice model, LPG SV6 Sedan/Wagon, Manual HSV R8 Tourer (therefore zero availability of any Manual wagons), Beige trim option dropped from regular SSV.

In Holden's defence, they did add things that people were asking for:
Black wheels on all Redlines
Black roof option on Redline Sedan
Padlle shift standard on Redline and optional on other models
Black trim available on Redline (2 tone with beige remains an option)
Reverse Camera gridlines

Over the years a lot of different features are added and taken away from time to time. I remember when MY09 VE came out they dropped the suede look door trims from Calais V and Caprice. They also added leather trim to base Calais when MY11 came out, etc, etc.

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Personally that's crap.

Why remove DVD functionality.

Does it have USB video input?

arronm

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV F6 VF Redline WGN
Thats a shame for the 15 model. My grand daughter watches spongebob every friday after school. I have VIM. 2014 VF SSV

Bhp Steel

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
holden
Thats a shame for the 15 model. My grand daughter watches spongebob every friday after school. I have VIM. 2014 VF SSV

There was one problem...it did not work whilst the car was moving...a safety feature....I have 5 grand children....I like to watch Pepper Pig whilst waiting for them.....:axe:

revster

Reaction score
Members Ride
30th Anniversary HSV Senator (Gone) MY19 Golf R
So does this mean that if you update your software to get lines in the reverse pic you lose DVD functionality? Not that is bugs me, I never new I had that functionality in MY14 Calais. My use it now though.

Bhp Steel

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
holden
I mentioned this in an earlier thread... They have dropped the DVD functionality from the Mylink system which used to be paired up with the Navigation option. It was also dropped from the Cruze when they went from MY13 to MY14.

E85 was also dropped from MY15 VF/WN, along with the entire Caprice model, LPG SV6 Sedan/Wagon, Manual HSV R8 Tourer (therefore zero availability of any Manual wagons), Beige trim option dropped from regular SSV.

Reverse Camera gridlines

Over the years a lot of different features are added and taken away from time to time. I remember when MY09 VE came out they dropped the suede look door trims from Calais V and Caprice. They also added leather trim to base Calais when MY11 came out, etc, etc.

Yes I understand what you are saying....ok on the black wheels....not fussed on the black roof....paddle shift for the auto's take it or leave it...black trim ( my 2013 SV6 Auto has black trim far better than the chrome bits ).....Rev. Camera guidelines definitely a plus.

As far as E85/E10 is concerned....I never use it...only the 95/98...even though the petrol cap on the inside says E85 is suitable.

Last edited:

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
C

Reverse Camera gridlines

So MY15 lineup is worse than MY14 and you say that is ok, happens from time to time. Thanks for another pearl of wisdom from dealer land, you guys are such diplomats.

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
Seems to me apart from a few new toys the VE Series II was actually a mores sophisticated car than the VF - Flex fuel capability, DVDs that can be viewed in the back while car is driving, music hard drive, grid lines on camera and lots more. All Holden is done is add a few new toys and taken away a lot of really important advances. I'm sure many will disagree.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
B
Seems to me apart from a few new toys the VE Series II was actually a mores sophisticated car than the VF - Flex fuel capability, DVDs that can be viewed in the back while car is driving, music hard drive, grid lines on camera and lots more. All Holden is done is add a few new toys and taken away a lot of really important advances. I'm sure many will disagree.

Yeah with My13/14 it did seem like some improvements:

Regarding the actual benefit of ownership versus rarity value, in practical terms there is bugger all difference between VE SSV SII and VF facelift, however in years to come it will be precisely these differences in the VF, being at the end of local parts production, which expose it to price inflation due to scarcity of those parts where it differs from the VE, as sales numbers for the runout model are realistically a mere fraction of the Billion Dollar Baby's production volume.

As an item that needs to be replaced over the car's lifetime, brakes and suspension variants are no reason to choose one model variant over another IMO.

In years to come some of the things I will consider when purchasing either a good second hand VE SII or VF are:
VF - Water leaks
VF - Lack of aftermarket parts / trim pieces / accessories (where differs from VE SII)
VF - Paint quality is questionable by comparison
VF - Climate control and sunlight / temp sensors are out of whack
VF - Glovebox is lightweight (cheap, not good)
VF - Rear seat isofix flaps look crap and bite your bum
VF - Rear passenger door lock is nearly inaccessible when seated
VF - Overhead roof lining doesn't quite fit the same
VF - No shroud on radiator
VF - One horn versus two
VF - No ancillary a/v input
VF - No watching videos over 10 mins while parked
VFMY15 no videos whatsoever
VF - Automatic parking feature is a (bad) gimmick
VF - No fifth (spare) wheel on most
VF - Difficult to access / replace indicator, parkers, headlight bulbs
VF - No engineering mode
VF - No night / country / stealth mode
VF - No Oil Life Monitor
VF - No indication if and when it is in 4 cyl mode
VF - No co-processor as Fuel System Control Module / Bi-modal Controller
VF - More complication of controls with cumbersome multifunction indicator stalk, comprehensive yet complex cascading menu options on MyLink
VF - No underbody aerodynamics whatsoever
VF - No mechanical steering pump (unproven risk / MTBF)

but in favour of the VF SSV Redline variant it has:
Nice HUD
Nice Competitive Mode
Nice keyless entry and remote start
Nice SBZA / lane departure / forward collision warning
Nice handbrake
Nice smaller steering wheel
Nice MyLink technical detail
Nice faux suede
Nice thick glass
Nice wheel arch carpet
Nice gear selector surround
Nice NVH

Despite what dealers tell you the NVH items like thick glass, wheel arch carpet, door surrounds all fit VE, even the rear valence fits Sportwagon. The main difference is the dash, specifically the chrome and softer facelift. Of course to the trained eye that's followed by the reshaped bumpers / lights, steering pump delete and much hyped token alloy bits up front to satisfy handout from Govco initiative.

However by any yardstick the MY15 just has less stuff for more $, higher cost of ownership, less fuel efficient, less powerful, bigger carbon footprint by comparison. Bloody shameful... ooh but new colours and a shiny bum plate.

Last edited: