Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What!!!!! No dvd player for the 2015 VF.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Have a look at the photos above....

The 1st one is my 2008 VE SV6 Auto with the engine covers on and an alloy inlet manifold.

2nd one is my 2013 VF SV6 Auto with the plastic engine cover on.

3rd one is my 2013 VF SV6 Auto with the plastic engine cover removed and a plastic inlet manifold.
:

Comparing an SIDI motor to a non SIDI motor...the equivalent VE also has a full covering engine cover.

Bhp Steel

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
holden
Comparing an SIDI motor to a non SIDI motor...the equivalent VE also has a full covering engine cover.

The motor in my 2008 SV6 Ute Auto.....Non-SIDI....is the V6 Alloytec High Output 195kW Motor...has the split Engine Covers as per the 1st photo....I think you are referring to the 185kW motor that was standard on the Omega....it probably had the full engine cover I do not know having not seen the 185kW motor or the Series II.

The moral of the story was comparing the SV6 VE engine to the crappy looking SV6 VF engine when you lift the bonnet.....regarding deletion of good quality parts etc.

Last edited:

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
The motor in my 2008 SV6 Ute Auto.....Non-SIDI....is the V6 Alloytec High Output 195kW Motor...has the split Engine Covers as per the 1st photo....I think you are referring to the 185kW motor that was standard on the Omega....it probably had the full engine cover I do not know having not seen the 185kW motor or the Series II.

The moral of the story was comparing the SV6 VE engine to the crappy looking SV6 VF engine when you lift the bonnet.....regarding deletion of good quality parts etc.

Aside from looks, which bit of the polymer intakes makes them inferior to aluminium exactly?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I'm with Reap, the plastic may not look as good but functionally it should be better than alloy.

At the end of the day 99% of owners will never remove the engine cover.

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
I have driven 60,000 km in my VF CalaisV and still have not put a CD or DVD into it yet, I would not even know if it works. All my music is on USB or Bluetooth.

ryan101

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
I have driven 60,000 km in my VF CalaisV and still have not put a CD or DVD into it yet, I would not even know if it works. All my music is on USB or Bluetooth.
thats a few km's already

ryan101

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
any major issues? V6 or v8

revster

Reaction score
Members Ride
30th Anniversary HSV Senator (Gone) MY19 Golf R
After 9 months in my Calais V, until this thread I didn't even know it played DVDs. But I looked it up in the handbook and is says in can. Who would have thunk.

But I am mighty angry that they are dropping that functionality in the MY15, not that I was going to buy one but that isn't the point.

And what about the lever under the dash in the FJs that opened the scoop near the windscreen to let fresh air in?! Gone in later models; I used to love that thing. Now I have a stupid electric sunroof. Who needs that? And don't get me started on drum brakes. Another deletion.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
[I"]And don't get me started on drum brakes".[/I] You want drum brakes ? Buy a Trax.