Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What preventative maintenance to do on a LS3 ‘keeper’

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
There is a km limit to the Holden 7 year warranty which, for the moment, I can’t remember.

However the 3 years / 100k kms warranty was the previous standard that many manufacturers have improved upon as compared to the Holden standard warranty.
Just dawned on me that it is likely 170,000 km, one definition of warrantable drivetrain lifetime, at least that’s what’s reasonable according to GM.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
I’ll look it up but we all should remember that Holden advertised the 7 year warranty in big bold ways with any reference to kms being buried in small print.

And since I didn’t read any info on km limits to the 7 year warranty before purchase or delivery, it makes claiming against ACL much easier if I do have any issues.

In any case, ACL and ACCC may have a different view on what is reasonable as compared to Holden’s ‘warrantable drive line warranty’ viewpoint.

I just hope the vehicle is solid and I have no issues regardless of recent quality issues re rockers, hvac drain and some glue problems on my MSE.

Last edited:

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
I’ll look it up but we all should remember that Holden advertised the 7 year warranty in big bold ways with any reference to kms being buried in small print.

And since I didn’t read any info on km limits to the 7 year warranty before purchase or delivery, it makes claiming against ACL much easier if I do have any issues.

In any case, ACL and ACCC may have a different view on what is reasonable as compared to Holden’s ‘warrantable drive line warranty’ viewpoint.

I just hope the vehicle is solid and I have no issues regardless of recent quality issues re rockers, hvac drain and some glue problems on my MSE.
FWIW I just looked it up and it’s 175k km, close enough. I clocked that up in three and a half years BTW. Getting to near twice that now.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
No is sitting under wraps waiting for bits :(
Ah the withdrawals. Don't get too comfy in whatever you're driving in the meantime...
Any changes planned this time, or same again?

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Ah the withdrawals. Don't get too comfy in whatever you're driving in the meantime...
Any changes planned this time, or same again?
Quite a bit in the detail like
  • revised polymer cam bearings from the GenV,
  • switching from OEM rod bearings to King polymerised
  • revised AFM lifters from the GenV
View media item 467
  • custom cam spec hand forged / ground with XFI lobes
  • switching to cam phaser that operates in reverse (like hybrid) to start on 100% petrol
  • New VVT will have 46° swing and not require limiting, more efficient - Centreline 109°-122°
  • Redesigned valve events using Engine Analyser Pro
View media item 443