Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What REALLY gets up your nose about other drivers

What gets your goat?

• Motorbikes who cut between lanes of stopped traffic

Votes: 28 13.5%
  • Overtaking on blind corners

Votes: 29 13.9%
  • 5-10kmh under the limit while traffic queues up behind

Votes: 70 33.7%
  • People who tailgate you when you are doing exactly the limit

Votes: 72 34.6%
  • People who don't indicate

Votes: 52 25.0%
  • Hogging the right lane

Votes: 53 25.5%
  • People who pretend multi lane roundabouts are single lane

Votes: 27 13.0%
  • 4 Wheel Driver Ignorance

Votes: 50 24.0%
  • Oblivious to other traffic (synonymous with above lol)

Votes: 56 26.9%

• Total voters

VZCalZone

now choppin the VZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz calais, vx2 exec
I went with tailgaters but the one that really gets me is when people suddenly find the accelerator at overtaking lanes or when generally overtaking. This one gets to me cause one night driving back from Brisbane, probably watched the nrl, a car was doin about 85-90 in a hundred zone. After following for about ten minutes I come to a long stretch of road, no oncoming traffic, drop back to third, launched around, pulled along side and walla thats as far as it got. Genius thought is was a good time for a race I suppose cause at about 115 we were goin even and a car starts comin the other way. No problem me thinks as I bury the peddle a bit more, (ok flat) and the super dooper 1000 year old slushbox decides that 2nd gear is the way to go. problem is the engine is revving to hell and accelleration stops. The car in front ended up pulling off the road to let me through ( I probably would have just made it but good on them anyway) and genius racer on the left of me made no effort to let me through. Scared the **** outa me but hey.

others
-people that refuse to let you merge after traffic lights when 2 lanes become 1
-people that try to get around you on overtaking lanes at the last second or continue to drive parallel when the scrub is coming up fast.
-people that continue to try and do 150 on the highway. I'd happily go 150 but only if everyone else is doin it. teenage girls in Barinas and 40-50 year old women in Magnas and camrys i find the worst for speeding.

that will do for now.
-

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
im guilty of lane cutting twin lane roundabouts but thats only in the dead of the night, during the day i'll stay in my lane.

from the looks of things a lot of people agree with my annoyance
"lack of awareness"

before i got my license i was told one peice of advice which i abide by

" We [ parents ] dont care what you do if your gonna be an idiot but for gods sake watch out for every other ********. " and as im sure we all have, i've seen a few.

TheKMan

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
I could write a whole forum on this one! The things everyone's already said would have been top of the list. 4wd drivers! FFS get a normal sized vehicle so that people can see around you, it's fine if you actually take it offroad or tow something or actually need it for something practical, but otherwise what do you need one for other than to piss other people off?
People who tailgate when you're already going 5k's over the limit, I've hit my brakes a few times at some of them, people who do 10 to 20k's under the limit in the right hand lane, huge trucks that physically can't accelerate to the speed limit without a km of road (like cement mixers) that will go into the front of a right hand lane at an intersection red light because there's trucks in the left lane, yeah good one buddies, block both lanes!!! (I've seen that happen like 2 or 3 times in the past couple of days)
People that can't indicate, it's even worse when it's on a roundabout, and on that note, people that cut you off at a roundabout. It's even worse if they actually see you then do it anyway.
And I agree again, if I do something wrong, then yeah I can understand them giving me a serve, but people who abuse you when they've done something wrong?!
People who are "brake heavy". I swear they must get their brakes and accelerators mixed up, their brake lights are constantly flashing, it's worse when there's nothing in front of them. I don't think I've been stuck behind someone like that before, but I've seen them do it in other lanes and just think wtf?
And one last one (there's more but otherwise my post really will take up the whole forum! :) ), yeah people who speed up to close a gap when you indicate to change lanes, it's ok if they're already next to you, but to speed up when they're behind you when there was enough room for you to get in is just rude!
No one's a perfect driver, but honestly some of the things you see people do on the road... :bang:

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
LOL, I love this thread!...

TheKMan said:
People who are "brake heavy". I swear they must get their brakes and accelerators mixed up, their brake lights are constantly flashing, it's worse when there's nothing in front of them.

I hate that! Cabbies are usually the main offenders. People who drive an auto with both feet, so their left foot is constantly making the brake lights come on. Then you can't tell when they're braking for real!

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
lmfao I wish I could have put a thousand options on the poll because there are SERIOUSLY that many things hey!!!

I agree with every single one so far... man I'm glad I'm so laid back or i'd have gotten out the old "attitude adjustment rod" at so many sets of traffic lights by now bwahaha

Shortstuff

Random
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Golf GTI PP
People who can't check for failed globes really get me. Brake lights especially. How hard is it to change a globe? I followed an old Falcon with no brake lights at all the other day. All the lights on a car are there for a good reason and they NEED to work!!

V3N0M

Reaction score
Members Ride
01 magna exec
lol should have an "all the above" one :p i rrealy get ticked when people dont watch what they are doing and pull out infront of u or people that dont use their indicators.. lol.. i can see me in a few years.. ill need to go to road rage school haha.. n im only an L plater atm lol..

commod8

swim wit da fishes
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive V6 Auto
well, eveythign mentioned already are things that piss me off. a few things that haven't been mentioned (most likely because you're all P-platers or fully licenced drivers): when ********s see L'plates, and immediately overtake you and floor it to get away from you, and as they pass you they just stare and sometimes even scream out something....it doesn't really piss me off, it just makes me think how stupid some people are, i'm doing the speed limit like everyone else, and they decide to scream at you anyway. i love it when these same ********s end up next to you at the lights, despite the fact they were doing well over the speed limit when they where overtaking. also, when people come out of stop signs because they see you're a learner, and simply think "**** it i'm going." i love when people pull up next to you at the lights so they can take off quickly and get into in front of you, and they're in a piece of **** bomb of a car, and they have trouble keeping up when you aren't even racing them (i drive a vr v6, so you don't need to hit the pedal hard to move quicker than a shitbox liek some crappy corolla, that's for sure!)
don't think that i'm dragging on my learners, i'm simply explaining a few situations, where people try to get off the line quicker than you in **** cars, and they can't, hehe
:)

B

Bradg83

People who sit right up your arse while you do the speed limit **** me to tears.... It's even worse when they pass you, slow down and grease you off like your a criminal..

I think they expect young people in nice cars to drive like farkwits..

There should be another one on there:

People who drive at 40k in a school zone OUTSIDE of school times... for ****s sake read a ****ing sign people:hit: