Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What sort of gain can I expect after these mods?

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
As in with my mods in original post as well?
And mine'd be lighter than a VT too, well that sounds good haha how does it fair against Xr6's and VX+ SS's? e.g. LSx engines

Anything with a LS prefix will tear you a new sphincter.

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
Yeah, I'd expect as such, lol. They can give an F6 a run for it's money eh?

And why can a VS 6 beat it? Better power to weight?

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Hey guys, as title above, just wondering what sorta 0-100 and 1/4 mile improvements/times I can expect, oh and fuel economy difference, if any have experience or can have a good guess, with the mods below;

-Cold Air Intake - Not a big difference, just fit a supercharged 6 or a V8 intake.
-Corvette Servo + Shift Kit - Snappier shifts, but it won't improve your times very much at all.
-2500rpm Hi Stall - The ecotech isn't too bad off the line to begine with, stalling it up with the standard converter works OK, you can get 2000 rpm easily.
-3.7 LSD Diff Gears - This would be the best option. Gears alone will cut at least one second off your times.
-High Ratio Rockers (1.9's) - Another good mod, but you will need your tune modified to suit to get the most out of them.

Assuming a fairly good launch.
Also removing my LPG. - Get rid of this, weight hogging and the price of fuel is not THAT much more expensive than LPG (in Perth) and once you mod it, fuel economy is not a priority.

Cheers again.,
Frogsta

As above......

304runner

( .Y. )
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0 Ute & a 4runner with a VS SS trasplant
They can give an F6 a run for it's money eh?

Not a chance in this world... With a heap of money thrown at the LS engine, it might have a sniff at victory, but the F6 engines are de-tuned ridiculously from factory so it doesnt take much coin to unleash all its fury...

But that's another kettle of fish...

If I were you id just be getting your car running right, it wont see the strip all that much and its your daily driver so id be focusing more on reliability and fuel economy.

UW1SH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5speed With ecotec conversion
As in with my mods in original post as well?
And mine'd be lighter than a VT too, well that sounds good haha how does it fair against Xr6's and VX+ SS's? e.g. LSx engines

Lol now your dreaming BUT add a bit of forced induction then thats a different story lol… But it dont take much for a ecotec to smash 5ltrs tho (extractors,CAI,diff gears) and wolah cya later 5ltr lol… ecotecs even beat the 5ltrs off the line. BUT LSx series no chance lol

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
Ahah maybe later. Is it possible N/A?

BuckeTs

Carngizusakiss
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs wagon
My stepbro had a vp v6 calais with a shift kit,1.95 ratio rockers, CAI and it flogged the shite out of my v6 vt in a drag. Pulled an easy 3 or so car lengths on me up to 100-120 k's. I dont think he changed his diff gears but it was a few years since he had the car now. The mods are definitely worth it for a streeter i reckon.