Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What sort of gain can I expect after these mods?

seq4x4

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
My stepbro had a vp v6 calais with a shift kit,1.95 ratio rockers, CAI and it flogged the shite out of my v6 vt in a drag. Pulled an easy 3 or so car lengths on me up to 100-120 k's. I dont think he changed his diff gears but it was a few years since he had the car now. The mods are definitely worth it for a streeter i reckon.
Isnt there like 200 or 300kgs difference between the weight of cars?

UW1SH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5speed With ecotec conversion
Ahah maybe later. Is it possible N/A?

Narh not really you can give it a bit more competition tho but it will take alot of money aka stroke it with a good cam then all the extras like cai,diff gears,extractors,spacers,good tune etc you would see MAYBE about 240fwkw out of a stroker with all that extra stuff on it.. its been tested by C.O.M.E and they got 210kw out of a standard stroker without any add ons and something like 412nm torque and thats only at i think it was 1500 or 2500rpm.. Im doing it soon but it will be cheaper cause im building my own motor so dont haft to pay for labor or anything.

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
Fair enough. Probs just sticking with mentioned above and then time to save. And once Ecotec dies, time for LS1/x conversion

UW1SH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5speed With ecotec conversion
Fair enough. Probs just sticking with mentioned above and then time to save. And once Ecotec dies, time for LS1/x conversion

Lol honestly not really worth the money to do.. allthough its a good conversion but each to their own i guess… :) If your doing a LS conversion then why you spending money on your ecotec?? lol its pretty much money down the drain man i wouldnt bother

kyalkk

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s pac
as you have seen with my thread the stage 2 shift kit and corvette servos help alot :) but look around at how much places charge to put them in first, you can save alot :)
the hi stall converter will work well with a cam if thats the future, also with the 3.7's off the line acceleration will be mad as :)
so it would pull much better numbers but still be very easy to maintain as a streeter, sleeper style, apart from the loud exhausts :p

VT_SS

-
Reaction score
Members Ride
EVIL304
Hoping to break 15's.
I'd be happy if I could beat a 5.0L

^Basically VS Clubby
I would be saving your money if all you may be able to do is drag off stock 5Ltrs.

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
Yeah, I'd expect as such, lol. They can give an F6 a run for it's money eh?

And why can a VS 6 beat it? Better power to weight?

WUT?? Our family car, that my wife gets to drive, is a 2011 FG F6E. The only mods that's had is exhaust, cooler and flash tuned. That thing makes 340rwkw. So no. NO CHANGE IN HELL.

Robb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
It would have no chance at a stock ba xr6t even.

VT_SS

-
Reaction score
Members Ride
EVIL304
As above and you might beat a clapped out 5Ltr.

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
My bad, I was thinking the GTS's, supercharged oops

But yeah. Just want to be able to beat some of the guys in SV6's etc, and i prefer to upgrade what's broken rather than simply replace if you get my drift, I mainly want some transmission mods really, just so it's a bit quicker but still a nice street car